• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Westy Trailer (1973) NOW SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

faux

Reaction score
1973 Westfalia Trailer for sale.

I have stripped it down, Por 15'd metal where needed, Zinc primed and painted L90D Pastel White. The wood has not been replaced but I have stripped, stained and varnished it. The paint is not perfect as I used rattle cans but it should keep the rust at bay for a long time to come. The bolts that I have replaced, I have used Stainless.

I have flipped the bar to allow a level trailer on a lowered bus but can easily be reversed.

I will post more pics when the weather is better.

£450 ono

Jon 07801 627195

P231008_200301.jpg

Unfortunately I need the Cash to get a new Engine.......mine just isn't big enough to pull the Puck long distance. :(

You didnt keep that for long mate, good luck with the sale. I would have had this one if you hadnt beat me to it (i had the other one he was selling)

clyde said:
You didnt keep that for long mate, good luck with the sale. I would have had this one if you hadnt beat me to it (i had the other one he was selling)

:D A bit of an impulse buy, didn't think I would be keeping it but I felt sorry for it. I like to keep busy and my bus needs an engine.

Sorry I beat you to it, yours looks pretty cool any way. 8)

wanna swap for a new counterweighted crank and balanced and pleened rods.

Ive also got a brand new boxed case and race rods if you want to come to some sort of a deal

Nic B-C said:
wanna swap for a new counterweighted crank and balanced and pleened rods.

Ive also got a brand new boxed case and race rods if you want to come to some sort of a deal

Sorry Nic

I have the possibility of buying a turnkey 1776 from a friend, but thank you for the offer.

Jon

Cheers Dave, glad to see you are still a fan of the Early Bay. :lol:

Here are some more pics, I have still forgotten to put on the Westfalia Sticker, but I do have a new one in the house.

P241008_085202.jpg

P241008_0853.jpg

P241008_0852.jpg

Don't suppose anyone knows where i can purchase a set of the rubber dampers that fit on these trailers?

I think Frank does them? I can't find his contact details but if you put a wanted post someone will know. I saw them at 2 dealers at Vanfest (Franks and the guy I bought the trailer off).

Jon

WOW. thats not a bad profit :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: , I was going to buy that trailer at VF. Guess it was you that beat me to it.

marcher said:
WOW. thats not a bad profit :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: , I was going to buy that trailer at VF. Guess it was you that beat me to it.

:oops: Sorry about that, you are not the first person to say that I beat you to it, I just saw it and asked the the guy to hold it for me.

Not that much profit though :roll: when you add:
1 x tin Woodstain
1 x tin Varnish
Sandpaper
Two Rear Triangles
New Stainless Screws and Bolts
1 x tin Por15
4 x cans Zinc Primer
3 x cans L90D (Mixed)
Plus 3 weeks worth of evenings in the garage.

I hope Chris and his Family enjoy the extra space.

Yeah Jon,

I know what you mean, my trailer ended up costing more than I thought it would to restore. But they do look cool on the back, even if I do say so myself. 8) 8)

Locking some sold threads :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts