what a beating {picking up a double cab}

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damhippie

Reaction score
in a cloudy haze somewhere in Dallas, Texas
It was a real beating! Get up there 100 miles north of Nashville and the double cab is on a muddy gravel driveway call the guy no answer. So we start putting tires on it. Bodean starts to put the tow bar on it and notices the steering isn't hooked up. So we get it back hooked up and the left side tires on then pull it out. Then the bad happened!!!! The passenger side front is cocked at a 90 degree angel!! Look under the double and the tie rods are so F$^$% up there is no way of getting them decent enough to get it home. Off we walk two blocks down to this pizza joint to find a Uhaul. Still during all this I'm blowing up his phone and still no answer. Go back to the truck unhook the tow bar and head to the Uhaul to get a tow dolly. During all this Bodean and I are calling loved ones keeping them up to date with goings on. I'm inside at the moment Bodean is on the phone outside the shop phone rings. The mechanic on my end is saying to the person on the phone " I'll take care of them, in the process of getting them a tow dolly don't worry I'll take care of them " then hangs up the phone, and says under his breath "damn Joe". I ask him "was that Joey Little?" He responded with "yea" "what did he say? " I asked? he says " he told me that he told ya'll to bring a trailer. " and I lost it " He told me that it was a rolling chassis. To bring 4 tires and an tow bar. I'd be good so thats what I did. If he'd had told me that I needed to bring a trailer I would have I have a trailer and two different trucks to pull it. " Any way got all that taken care of had to use a comealong to get it up on the dolly. Back on the road we went made it to Brian's and fought some traffic along the way to his house crashed, woke up, came home. Going to access to bad and good today pics on the way.

Latest posts