what a cool site

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baron

Reaction score
I'm so glad someone set up this site

I'm very specific in my vw loves

limited to basically early bays, ghia's and trekkers

but early bays are my one true love, you can leave all the rest, a nice early bay does it for me

there's nothing I like more than winding split bus owners up as to how my bus is what vw upgraded their tiny old 50's buses for ; )

68busbrochure1.jpg

68busbrochure2.jpg
68busbrochure3.jpg

sorry for the wide pictures, but they need to be that way so you can see them in all their glory

Great stuff, that is a beauty alright. I am old enough to remember when they were relased and they caused quite a reaction down here. The other vehicles on the market as small/medium delivery vans were things like the Morris Messenger and Commer Van. The VW left em behind in performance and comfort and any other thing that was comparable.

I do have a soft spot for splitties though. I could have bought one for about the same price I paid for my panel off the same bloke.
Some of the reasons I picked mine was that I didn't have to put in a disc front end or rip it's guts out to fit IRS.
I am also a lazy no good loafer as well, fortunately the boys at VW put all the design and engineering work into it on my behalf.
Lucky me eh?
Lucky us!

A great site indeed!

I totally agree with both of you! I do have a soft spot for splitties but feel they are somwehat overated at times.

There is so much more character in a early bay!

Yes I set the site up because I feel people who like their Bays early are quite specific about it - later just isnt the same ...

Yea this site is well cool. Being able to share an interest with others who have the love and passion for the same vehicle type is for me a prayer answered, thank you to that man who made it happen 8) :D :D

While I too have soft spot for a split, I just love my early bay, for me personally and each to their own I think the early bay is better. :)

ponty eh sucram?

it's good to see so many northerners on ere too :D

Latest posts