What phone???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you do, I just took my mates contract over and he gave me the iPhone! But I couldn't reccomend it enough! My Internet in the house is screwed up, an the iPhones how I get my earlybay fix!

I have an LG Viewty, I think it is the poor mans I phone. It was free on 3 and I get 750 mins and 150 texts for £15 per month. Minimum contract on O2 is £35.....
The internet access is a bit slow but it is ok if you have nothing else.

Nokia N95 was on my list, but went for an HTC Touch Dual. Moved from Orange to T-Mobile for the sensible data rates (up to 1GB per month for about £7) - got a great deal and am now paying way less than I was with Orange, for far more.
Took ages to decide. I wanted sat nav - N95 has GPS built in (I think) so was on the list, but went for Touch with seperate GPS unit, which works well - managed to get Co-Pilot thrown in for free....

N95 1gb has the sat nav apparantly but i went for the 8gb hoping to upgrade perhaps? Dunno why they give you a full feature length movie of spiderman!! Who is gonna watch the entire length of spiderman 3 on their mobile phone? :lol:

Cool - I find the seperate GPS unit far more usefull, as you can put it somewhere where it works (bluetooth) and have the phone somewhere you can see it, if you see what I mean!
N95 did have battery issues, but I think part of that was people using all the features at once - as long as you turn off bluetooth when not using it, it should be fine - I'm sure later ones (and therefore 8Gb versions) were better...

That to be honest is one thing i`m a bit unsure about! You see i had the N70 and the battery life on that was shocking to the point it really did need charging every night!!!! I`m just hoping like you say it`ll be better! I`ve heard that turning off bluetooth saves lots of battery may be where i was going wrong perhaps :oops:

iPhone iPhone iPhone, why well one good reason, in June apple will be releasing software update 2, what does this mine I hear you ask, well other people will be able to write apps for the iPhone so it will have many more features to it. The only thing is, maybe or maybe not a new iPhone will be out in June, this means if you don't mind spending £270 on a phone then wait, or try and get an 8GB one now from O2 and only pay £169 but good luck with that as I don't think there are many left.

But if you want a phone with many features and expandability then the iPhone is the only phone out there that gives you everything you want.

my sister decided to go for one of the new samsung soul phones , it got replaced 3 times due to a fault on the speaker volume , couldnt hear the other person , seems its a problem on them :shock:

You can buy iPhones on ebay unlocked to any network £170 usual price.

I have a palm treo 750v, and i dont recommend it. i do recommend the iphone! its class.

there is no camera on the iphone? is that right?

I loves a camera me :wink:

There is a Camera, although It is not up to much, it will take good pics in general conditions but try and push it and its rubbish, maybe something that will change when the upgrade, All I would say is if you want to take pics buy a digital Camera they will always be loads better than a Phone camera

its the built in Wifi access that makes the iPhone uber cool and the fluid interface is really trick. We have wifi in work and home and if your with btbroadband any wifi phone box you can pick up too.

How much is the internet connection per month? roughly :wink:

You pay a minimum of £35 that gets you 600 mins 500 sms, unlimited GPRS and unlimited wifi access to the Cloud Network which is not to bad with coverage if in a town/city centre. I also have the top broadband connection at BT which means I can sign up with something called the Fon network which allows me to share part of my broadband connection with anyone else that does the same thing and I also then get BT Openzone WIFI free :D

Nokia N95 8GB, some great deals out there :)

Not a fan of i phones or i pods myself, a bit of a fashion thing IMO. Read a few reviews and you will see they ain't all they are cracked up to be...N95 has it all, top Camera good quality software and the usual user friendly interface :D

They are smaller too so better on the Jean pocket....the i Phone is a bit of a 'Fat Chick' of a phone :lol:

ignore any one that says the iphone is not that good :p

Some of us who use apple products all our lives understand really good product design :p

Latest posts