Where does this piece of tinwear go?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gman86

Reaction score
Hey internet peoples anyone able to describe or better yet provide a pic of where this piece of metal is supposed to live

Many thanks

Just got the same piece, it's upside down as you have it, and fixes between item 4 and 5, believe it covers the pulley bolt, not sure what it does though

Thanks for that, it's what I thought it was but I can't work out how to fit it. Any one got a pic of one fitted?

Grazy said:
it goes the side closest camera to the pulley And that way up
5be51a56906d525d336c049f3a953023.jpg

That should help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the purpose of this piece of tin? From what I can see it doesn't appear to do anything as far as cooling is concerned (regarding the directing of the airflow)? Most engines I have seen to date don't have this piece fitted?

Excellent all makes sense now cheers fellas.
I imagine it is to stop anything of any reasonable size falling into the bottom tin under the pully and jamming it while you are driving. It's a total guess so am provably wrong

I fitted one to mine, i found it tightened up the rest of the tinware as it clamps 2 other pieces together, the main rear tin and i think it was the bottom pulley tin?

Had one for a while, it's to stop you dropping your nuts and bolts and stuff down there. Makes removing your nuts and bolts from underneath it a real pain.

Latest posts