which stock carb ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had good results with the Empi one from JK, it ran great with no flat spots, thought ide give it a go for the £115 it cost a cpl years back and it was money well spent. Since sold it on for a set of 34ICTs.

Empi build quality is questionable tho so it will be a case of fingers crossed you get a good one, you could try PMing Faux as he had it off me but didnt use it as i remember.

Just

Probably better putting a wanted ad in the for sale section.
I have a 34 pict 3 spare but it would need a rebuild

I'd be tempted to rebuild an old one rather than go for a new carb - all the new ones (Bocar, Empi) I've seen have been rubbish!

Get an old one, strip and clean it well, put new spindle bushes in, rebuild with new gaskets etc - perfect!!

;)

Justin & Muttley said:
I'd be tempted to rebuild an old one rather than go for a new carb - all the new ones (Bocar, Empi) I've seen have been rubbish!

Get an old one, strip and clean it well, put new spindle bushes in, rebuild with new gaskets etc - perfect!!

;)
I agree, the quality of the new ones are shocking :shock:

:)

moler said:
Justin & Muttley said:

;)
I agree, the quality of the new ones are shocking :shock:

:)

I beg to differ :lol: i had a good one, and for £115 you cant go wrong, rebuilding is not for the feint hearted! I looked at the rebuild kit and thought fook that lol.......depends if you have patients in spades...........i dont :lol:

Just

the brossel carbs are ment to be good or the best of the repo ones

gsf are selling one for 94 pound on there ebay shop

Latest posts