Why an Early Bay?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The crossover I was brought up with had the 1700. It served us well, although I'm glad to say I wasn't the one who had to pay for parts! :lol:

tom_r_p said:
clyde said:
Really dislike large vents, big flared wings, high indicators and worst of all (hold on all you cross dressers) LARGE rear lights.

Cross Dresser???? bad enough I get called the gay with the bay, let alone being typecast as a cross dresser!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: I never noticed Clyde's 'cross dresser' comment. :lol: Maybe we should get car stickers made up! :D

:lol: I never noticed Clyde's 'cross dresser' comment. :lol: Maybe we should get car stickers made up! :D[/quote]

I think some folk may take you seriously :D

I have a 1.7 pancake in my bus and love the way it pulls so well under load/towing and specially up hills though on a run the uprights do seem better. I would love to try out one of these busses with the bigger bore uprights to see how much better they are.
Is it a big deal to swap a pancake with an upright or vice versa :?:

if i was to choose a year it would always be 71, small rear lights flat front arches, disc brakes etc. all the looks and the right running gear.

id love a split for toying around it but when it comes to looks, drivability and space its earlybay all the way.

my original plan was it had to be tax exempt, have the nice bumper, and small rear lights. i didnt realy know much else about the differences back then. tipically you only find stuff out after you've bought the bus. i was lucky enough to drop on a 71 with disk brakes.

Latest posts