Wide 5 Adapters

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Reaction score
Are these adaptors safe being that mine is a xover and has got the 5x112 but as always the grass is always greener and I prefer the wide 5 solids. Chuffed that these will suit my needs but have you guys got any experience or foresee any probs being that I am yet to lower her :mrgreen:

I thought I had wide 5's on my gene berg 1971. Bought some empi's off a nice chap on fleabay, only to discover i had 5 x 112. The wheels were off an eb and they are 5 x 205.

I have now had to order some wheel adaptors and hopefully the new wheels will now fit.

Anyone got any advice on bolts as I have to get 20 now to attach the wheels to the adaptors. Like the first poster asked, are the adaptors actually safe?

bit of advice re prices. I found most people wanted about £130 per pair for adaptors. Stick vw wheel adaptors into fleabay. £60 for 4.

And what do you do about a spare wheel? Guess i have to buy a 5 x 205 spare wheel!!!!

downsouth said:
bit of advice re prices. I found most people wanted about £130 per pair for adaptors. Stick vw wheel adaptors into fleabay. £60 for 4.

That's v. cheap - got a link to this seller ?

Cheers

James

Futbus is in the process of producing a 112 to 205 setup..

http://www.futbus.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

james_stan said:
downsouth said:

Cheers

James

type vw wheel adaptors into fleabay. it will come up on the search

they arrived today.look really good. will fit at wekend and let you know how I get on.

I ran Porker Cookie Cutters on my late bay with adaptors without any issues. The rest of the bus is bolted together so why worry about adaptors i say.

Just

downsouth said:
james_stan said:
downsouth said:

Cheers

James

type vw wheel adaptors into fleabay. it will come up on the search

they arrived today.look really good. will fit at wekend and let you know how I get on.

Found 'em, thanks ! One Q - Are the inner holes countersunk for the studs ? difficult to tell from the picture.

Cheers

James

i run late bay discs on my EB, and use adaptors to get it back to 205. must have done 6K miles no problems. As said before its just something else bolted on. Just bare in mind the track will increase , so ensure you have wheel arch to tyre clearance. You could comment on the unsprung weight of the adaptors and increased track puttting load on the suspension, but then again mines lowered, so the suspension geometry is not as VW intended anyway.

I'll a would suggest is buy good quaility items, and ensure you torque all the bolts up correctly and check after the first few hundred miles etc.

Latest posts