Wolfsburg Autostadt & Stiftung Museum visit June 2010

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Reaction score
Direct from my hotel in Hannover,pics of this weekends visits of my pilgrimage to Wolfsburg.there are hundreds of pics so I'll post the photobucket link and you can peruse at your leisure.enjoy!!...
http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u263/tunsull/Wolfsburg%20June%202010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great pictures 8)

How was the flight - I spent 10 months working near Hannover and every Monday flying on FlyBe to Hannover and every Friday flying back - had some scarry moments I can tell thee :shock:

Looks like you enjoyed yourself ;)

I wish I had gone in Doris - one day!!!!! :roll: Thanks chaps,yeah it was great. I couldn't believe how there was no merchandise to buy though,I think they could make a fortune with bits & bobs.Not even a 'stiftung Museum' sticker for my back window!Also,I forgot to take my chassis number for a birth certificate so I'll have to do it on line. anyway,I've added one of me waiting in the airport reading 'Volksworld' ,so you know what I look like now.

Looks great, some nice lookin cars there. Was it realy that quiet there cant see many people around. Its on my list to go to one day.

Yer I found it strange that there was no stickers etc for sale. I ended up walking to Wolfsburg train station to the tourist info place and buying a sticker.

Doris said:
yeah,it really was quiet! its was a Sunday morning though ;) now thats what I call morning worship :lol:

yeah i noticed the lack of people in your pictures, it looks like you almost had the whole place to yourself. Are there two museums? did you make the other one as well?

mattd1984 said:
Yer I found it strange that there was no stickers etc for sale. I ended up walking to Wolfsburg train station to the tourist info place and buying a sticker.

ha ha - me to!
Johnny,there is the 'Autostadt',(4 min walk from station) general motoring Museum with strong links to VW obviously,but also supported by AUDI,Skoda,Seat.Massive place with 5 levels of classic cars of all makes and landscaped grounds.you can also buy a new VW from there.

The Stiftung auto Musuem (20 min walk from station) is just pure classic Volkswagens,like a big hall with all the vehicles parked in it.smaller,cheaper but just VW's!

On the map,there is a 'VW Arena'. I thought "great another museum!" but its just a stadium sponsored by VW, like MEN areana or Brittania Stadium.

so 2 places to go,both worth a visit,more for family and more to see at Autostadt,but for pure VW heads - the Stiftung Musuem.

Doris said:
On the map,there is a 'VW Arena'. I thought "great another museum!" but its just a stadium sponsored by VW, like MEN areana or Brittania Stadium.

... home of Bundesliga champions VfL Wolfsburg 8)

blogdroed said:
Doris said:

Oh right,I don't follow football AT ALL or know anything about it! in fact I don't think I've ever been to a football court,even in school football I could never score a wicket.

Doris said:
blogdroed said:
Doris said:

Oh right,I don't follow football AT ALL or know anything about it! in fact I don't think I've ever been to a football court,even in school football I could never score a wicket.

:lol: :lol:

We went to Autostadt in 2000 and there was a gift shop on the ground floor selling bits and pieces of Autostadt memorabilia. Looks like it's changed a fair bit in the last 10 years.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Cool pics dude. Ill hopefully get there one day :lol:

What the story with this???
SANY4886.jpg

VeeDubMan said:
Doris said:
mattd1984 said:
Think its the anniversary vw. Has every vw's employee's name on it
spot on!

It may be the anniversary vw, but it hasn't stopped someone pinching the VW logo on the boot-lid! :(

poor isn't it! :evil: you'd think those that made the effort to visit such a place,would appreciate it & not touch.I did notice the odd thing gone from cars - scum!

Latest posts