Would you close the walk through......

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

Reaction score
for more storage?
I'm looking at options for the interior of my bay (converted panel walk through) and was wondering if its worth losing the walkthrough part and putting a complete unit across. I've currently got a buddy seat behind the drivers seat and a small cupboard behind the passenger, these help make up the bed but as i'm aslo looking at an R&R (not sure on 3/4 or full length) i'm wondering whether i can get away with closing the walk through.
What do you think?

do you currently use the walkthrough? could you get away with a short storage arrangement that you could either walk on or step over? or as I hope to get a storage area that can be lifted out?

Dont close it of forever dood :wink:

I have a unit that I use that takes a fridge, cooker and wicker draws for clothes and you can lift it in and out as you wish :wink: Works like a treat and saves ya walkthrough :wink:

My T25 has a bulk head & only on occasions on very long runs is it handy for the passenger to hop in the back to grab some food etc.

It's not that big a deal not to be a walk through. When we camp up, out bags 7 stuff end up on the front seats anyway. The cab just becomes storage.

You need to tailor you van to your own requirements. I agree with not making it permanent though. It could devalue the van for resale. It is always nice to have the option.

i certainly wouldnt weld it up, personally i need mine as theres a new arrival due on christmas day and getting in and out of the back will be much handier especially in the cold wet summer days we have had recently.

Johnny said:
i certainly wouldnt weld it up, personally i need mine as theres a new arrival due on christmas day and getting in and out of the back will be much handier especially in the cold wet summer days we have had recently.

congrats dood :wink:

Theres your crimbo pressie dealt with then, whats the mrs getting..... :lol:

poor kid born on christmas only one set of presents

im planning on fitting a sub box in the walk through following the contour of the arches and carpeted in to match. then i plan to fit a removable middle seat to fit between the two porsche one for as i will soon have four kids and i dont really want one of them to have to sit in a rear facing one in the back

andewilson said:
im planning on fitting a sub box in the walk through following the contour of the arches and carpeted in to match. then i plan to fit a removable middle seat to fit between the two porsche one for as i will soon have four kids and i dont really want one of them to have to sit in a rear facing one in the back
Any pics of the porsche seats?

My last van was a full bulkhead and I lived with it for years, having a walk through is so much better in so many ways ...... a big 'no' from me.

walk thrus rock!, easy to move about the van and when its peeing down you dont have to get out the van to get from the front to the back :wink:

pete nice said:
My T25 has a bulk head & only on occasions on very long runs is it handy for the passenger to hop in the back to grab some food etc.

It's not that big a deal not to be a walk through. When we camp up, out bags 7 stuff end up on the front seats anyway. The cab just becomes storage.

You need to tailor you van to your own requirements. I agree with not making it permanent though. It could devalue the van for resale. It is always nice to have the option.
About sums it up nicely

Latest posts