• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTD-clip to secure the LOWER/upright felt channel (pic)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Reaction score
these little clips have broken off on mine - anyone have one or two spare or know where to go for them?

feltchannelclip.jpg

saraj - I hope you don't mind me poaching the pic from your 'how 2' thread,if its a problem I can remove no trouble! Kind Regards - Rob

get them from c&c
http://www.customandcommercial.com/products.asp?Sub_Category=1311&group=61&category=210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Frankie said:
what is it for and were does it go :? rob would my van have them Frankie.

Hi F,
when the window winds down,it runs in felt padded channel either side of the glass.the front end of the glass (nearest the hinge) runs into a continuation of the quarter light bar that passes down through the door.

The back end of the glass runs down a felt padded channel which clips in the actual door frame so far then the felt channel continues into the grey metal runne, the grey metal runner 'takes over ' from the door frame if you like!! the little clip is the gadget that joins the grey metal runner to the door,so the felt channel will transfer between the door frame and grey runner smoothly - thereby ensuring a smooth window winding!! the bottom of the grey runner is secured by a 10mm bolt.

So,all busses will have them,located above the position of the door lock.(they sometimes stay clipped to the door when the gray runner is taken out) If the glass is out you may be able to see it (or where is was) by looking from the top into the gap where the glass dissapears into.

Cheers - Rob

Thanks Ray - will check out C&C's s

Schofields sell them too... and the clips for holding in the felt strip around the window too

Latest posts