• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTD firetech exstingisher wanted for horizontal mounting

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can only speak from recent experience which is not all that great if I am honest.

I needed my Firetec servicing ("portable" servicing is not appropriate, and local engineers would not touch it. It can't be pressurised with a bike pump, before you ask :( ), and have been given quite a runaround over the past couple of months, being encouraged to converse by email rather than by phone, and of having to prompt a reply each time to the numerous exchanges between us. It has been tiresome.

Eventually I was told to send my system to them by courier, an odd request, but I did so despite all of the major couriers saying that they would not carry it (I lied about the contents and crossed my fingers. Alas, although the parcel was signed for, they cannot now find it. Apparently I sent it to the wrong address, even though I used the address given on their web site. So, it is my fault apparently. They are still looking for it. :roll:

Whatever the outcome of this shambles, I am now planning on fitting a gas system available through VWAircooled, after reading some good reports on the forum and speaking to the guys at Busfest.

I always thought of Firetec as the gold standard, but I have serious doubts now.

Make up your own mind though, of course.

Latest posts