Xmas gifts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be why there's a shortage of diesel heaters.
From a motorhome forum via the T6 forum.

"Suffolk Trading Standards Imports Surveillance Team have detained 973 diesel heaters at the Port of Felixstowe over the last two months. All products were found to be unsafe, with listings for all sellers removed on eBay.
Consignments arrived at the Port in October and November and were stopped by the team, with samples sent to a test house for assessment.
Each of the products did not meet the requirements of the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008 because they could present hazards of fire and death due to poor supporting installation information.
Manuals supplied with the products failed to give measurements for installation and did not give the minimum distance the exhaust pipe should be installed from flammable material or material that could give off poisonous fumes when heated, such as insulation material.
If installed incorrectly, no warning was provided about heat and dangers to the user.
Large parts of the manuals were written in poor English and used the wrong words. The intended meaning was, in some cases, difficult to understand.
Additionally, the products and instructions did not have the name and address of the importer or manufacturer and did not include the required Declaration of Conformity (DoC). A DoC is a formal declaration by a manufacturer or the manufacturer's representative that the product to which it applies meets all relevant requirements of all product safety directives applicable to that product.
If you have purchased a product that you think may be unsafe, stop using it immediately and report it to Trading Standards via Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 0808 223 1133."
I work at the port of Felixstowe, I’ll see if I can liberate some 🤣

Nice work! Was that at Midland Paintworks ?
It was :) it looks like they've done a great job again. I've got to wait until the new year to see it in the flesh though!

If that's all it needs after 55 years then you're a lucky chap.
It's been ten years since the resto now. At the time there was a bit more to do in the usual places (sills, arches etc). At the time other than a few dents the front panel looked fine so we never saw what was hiding behind it. The rest of the bodywork is still in excellent condition 10 years on

I’ve had three VW T Shirts with various Chrimbo slogans and driving home for Chrimbo type messages on, one even had antlers growing out the side of the van :) Unfortunately all three were splits. It’s a bit like lovin football as some do, then you’ll have a favourite team for sure and someone gets you a football shirt but not for your team:eek:
Apparently I am an ungrateful bar steward :rolleyes:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, any advance on three?:););):)

Latest posts