• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

16" syncro camper for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noddy

Reaction score
van3.jpg

Hi All

Well Ive decided that a change of vehicle is in order.
Im looking to sell my 1991 16" syncro ex finish air force height top panel van.

Mechanicals:
It's had both the diff and the gear box rebuilt in the last two years. Both were rebuilt by Aidan Talbot.
Diff has about 7K new VC on rebuild.
Gearbox around 2K since rebuild, oiler plates fitted during rebuild.
Difflocks front and rear both work
Running 2.1DJ 112hp good strong engine, no smoke or rattles, fully serviced by my (Bentley engineer) 2K ago. (HT leads, cap, rotor plugs, airfilter, oil, timing set for 95RON), 26MPG fully loaded around France.
Good tyres all round rotated about every 3K.
Front suspension carrier and bash bars have been powder coated.
Rear drive shafts stripped cleaned, regreased and 4 new GKN boots fitted.

Body:
Body is good and solid no welding has been done and seam are good, no welding needed, fully waxoyled.

Original features:
has original factory rear wheel carrier.
bull bars.
front drive boot protectors.
Central locking.
Power steering.
Headlamp washers.
Westfalia tow hitch

Upgrades:
OME shocks.
Lifted 2"
Roof vent/sky light
I have fitted an secondary fuze box under the drivers seat and upgraded the head lamps with rally bulbs and relays. It will make adding any extras to run off the leasure battery easy.

Millage:
190K miles 120 miles.

Interior:
Interior is a westfalia club joker late grey interior with ISRI front captain seats, passenger has a swivel base,
front and rear tables.
Rear seat belt spreader plates have been welded in 3 point and lap belt fitted to rear,
Bay style cab bunk fitted canvas removable type.
3 way fridge,
2 burner hob
sink tap with electric pump and water tank
240V hookup, and gel leisure battery on split charge.
There is a eberspacher water heater fitted and working it has 3 preset programmes, however rear heater blower and hot water cylinder are currently removed due to fitting westy interior not a big job to refit.

I also have an expedition trailer to go with the van, in matching paint, and a good rust free sliding door with window, I also have a second window for the opposite side.
Some finishing in the interior is required although everything is working, we have just returned from a 2K trip around southern France with no issues. I have not used this syncro off road much but when I have its been great fun.

10.8K without trailer and awning 11.4K with trailer and awning, I am open to offers.

My mobile is 07900 213613 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              07900 213613      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts