1600 Bay late g/box into an early bay?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Reaction score
Hi ive got this late 1600 box from a late bay.........will it go into an early bay?
I see it has the 2 holes 4 a mount on the top of the bell housing, so im not sure about clearnace probs and i think its got a different front mounting?

The late bay box should fit fine, you just need to fit your old bracket to the nose cone of the late box, and the additional top mounts just remain redundant. I have a late box in my 68 bus and it fits fine :wink:

Oh thats great news!! Cheers 4 advice ill check it out.....so the extra 2 top holes 4 the late type bellhousing mount clear the body ok then?

Had no problems with mine, i believe the later bay has an additional cross member which the top holes locate into. That cross member is not there on an early bay, so you should be fine.

Cool! Thats was my worry...........ok ill change over the front mount and see.......ive gone 4 this box as it has the later (modern style) clutch release bearing etc.....

currylager said:
The late bay box should fit fine, you just need to fit your old bracket to the nose cone of the late box, and the additional top mounts just remain redundant. I have a late box in my 68 bus and it fits fine :wink:
Yep....it went in as you said.......swapped mounting etc and its all sorted! :D

Yep im on the road!! But now back off it again :cry:

Got a problem with my CSP brakes!? The NSF brake pad is rubbing metal to metal on the disc for some strange reason.....brakes have only done 300 miles if that??

Will check tomoz.....

Well kind of........i went racing put it that way....but i think ive got too much movement in the nsf caliper.
Only thing to do is replace it but i need to check it out when ive got time and once ive sorted a misfire that ive just started to get ggrrr....

Latest posts