• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 Bay deluxe, narrowed, slammed, chrome raders, etc £8750

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68only

Reaction score
REDUCED PRICE £8750, as I want to buy something... '68 Bay window deluxe microbus. Original Lotus White L282 paint with factory india red interior. Imported from California earlier this year. Rust free, except for 2 small holes in the battery tray. This has been sealed top and bottom with POR-15 paint. Since arriving in this country it has had the following:
2" Narrowed link pin (split bus) front beam with new centre pin and bearings.
Split bus link pin drop spindles
New link pins
New track rods and ends
New drag link
1 front wheel cylinder
All new rear brakes
Reconditioned 1600 twin port engine with just over 5000 miles (build sheet will be supplied)
Brand new round lens wipac halogen headlamps fitted in original US spec stainless housings. Rest of van wired to UK spec
MOT'd until late June 2008. Tax exempt. UK registered with hand painted plates:D
1 key fits all locks and ignition (always did)
New triple chrome genuine quality front badge
New JGE Chrome Raders with 175/55/15 Continental front tyres and Michelin 185/60/15 rear tyres.
2 spline rear drop with notched springplates.
Drives great for a lowered bus, as it has 3.5" drop spindles, will cruise at 60-65 and will go faster than this if required. Has been to European Bug in #1, Vanfest, Brighton Breeze, Ultra VW Bug boogie and cruised all over the south of England with no worries. Really don't want to sell this bus, EVER, but have just bought a 55 project and need the money. Call Mark 07949 003326. £9750.
DSC03000small.jpg

DSC03001small.jpg

100_0760.jpg

1772999.jpg

LOVE THIS DUDE WISH I HAD SOME SPACE FOR IT...THOSE WHEELS ARE COOLIO.... 8) GOOD LUCK WIV THE SALE IT SHOULD GO EASY....
IF YA WANT RID OF THE RACK BEFORE YOU SELL IT LE US KNOW I WILL TAKE IT OFF YA HANDS RIGHT SMART
CHEERS FRIEND
STE :wink:

Loads more pics now here:
http://www.thebusstation.co.uk/68bus.html
Getting photographed tomorrow for a feature in Volksworld Camper and Bus

Awesome van, at the right price. I'd be there like a shot if I had the money.

Good luck with it dude. :)

Price now £9000 until the end of Jan, then it will rise again. Needs to go, as I don't have the space and need to buy a couple of new projects...

Surprised it`s not gone mate , Top Early Bay 8) Shame you had to knock £1k off the price mate :cry:

If the new owners fancy showing it at Volksworld point them towards me/here?

Cheers.