1968 Roadrunner

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The latest. Its almost ready for some spooting in of the Lotus White.
843216.jpg

843215.jpg

843214.jpg

843213.jpg

843212.jpg

843210.jpg

I went to see it today and the bodywork is done and looks great! Tomorrow a test spray of the paint to check the match and if it looks good it should done this week!

Picked it up from the paint guy finally. it came out really nice. The paintmatch is almost perfect. I don`t think I would ever know if I didn`t know. Only problem now is I`m broke. Better sell something.

849070.jpg

849069.jpg

849068.jpg

849067.jpg

849066.jpg

849066.jpg

Been trying to get it back together. I had someone come out to put in a new windshield which was a good idea since they cracked the first oneand had to cover the cost of the second. That took about a week. had the dashtop powder coated, fixed the speedo, found a nice dashpad too. Worst thing is, and this seems to be the case with every painter I have ever dealt with, is overspray over the whole Bus! Why can`t they just mask things off? I spent days reviving original paint back to its smooth glossiness and now its covered in overspray! I still have to recompound the roof and somehow clean it off the powder coated engine tin. Other than that All thats left is a wheel alignment, respray the wheels and mount the back bumper. Oh, and disassemble and clean the camping area but that can wait awhile. I`ll post some pics later.

Not much to see. Been changing window rubber a little at a time. Took the closet and icebox to do so and thinking about leaving them out. If I do I`ll make the bed full width and build a second jumpseat in place of the icebox. I did manage to clean and rebuild the slider. New seal too.

3.25 inch drop plates installed today. Front end is next. I have a new set of Flat Four 5 spokes and 185/55`s and 205/65`s but I don`t think they will fit on the back so I may have to do something else. i am converting to late discs so maybe Gasburners.
888271.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. I`m going to start on the front end this week. As far as wheels go, I have a new set of flat four 5 spokes with 185/55 and 205/65 tires. I am planning on running them with adapters on the front discs but So far cannot get them on in the back. I stll have to grind off the 3 little bumps and the rear drums but I don`t the 205`s will fit. I haven`t tried very hard though. Maybe if I let the air out? has anyone here managed to run these? I was saving them for my 65 Panel project but that is way off so I wanted to use them if possible.

I run 205/65/15's on the rear with 3.25" horseshoe plates with no problem. The key is the offset
of the rim as I run bus split 15's. It's tough to find an aftermarket rim with the same offset as the stock
split 15" rims.