1968 Roadrunner

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the wheels I have will be very tight. I know that will fit but not sure about the tires I have just yet. Don`t really want to run anything lower profile if I can help it either.

Also, if you changed to a shorter shock when you lowered the rear that will prevent the springplate
from dropping all the down which makes getting the wheel off difficult. When my bus was slammed
and I ran shorter shocks I would need to disconnect the shock on the bottom to get the tire on/off.

Not yet. Still have stock shocks but I`m only running the plates and no splines so they should be fine. I actually had to compress them to put the bottom bolt in.

Franklins 4" beam, Vintage V Dub disc spindles. Had to R&R the spindles a hundred times to clearance the back even more then they were already but finally got them on.
893020.jpg

893019.jpg

895244.jpg

895243.jpg

Back on all fours for awhile. Still have try and squeeze the back wheels on, bleed the brakes and align the front.

Finally got it back together. Going for a test drive today. Hope I can gert it out of the driveway in one piece.

Been working on the Bus like crazy. New trans with a 4.57 ring and pinion, 2276 motor in the works, New scrapers and seals in the front doors (And sound deadener), Gene Berg shifter, LeCarra steering wheel, Door panels going in next. After that a new bed and redo for the back interior...
1036559.jpg

1036559.jpg

Got the doors buttoned up the other day. New moisture barriers from Ebay, door panels from TNI and then the matching seats done from my friend Carlos at Wall and Eades here in Fresno, Ca.
1037926.jpg

1037925.jpg