• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 1300 Beetle For Sale £2395--NOW SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickJ

Reaction score
Well after a lot of soul searching and debate I've decided to put my 1969 1300 up for sale. £2395 ono
FrontRighth.jpg

Leftsideh.jpg
Rearrighth.jpg

Rearlefth.jpg

I bought it around 5 years ago from the original owner it has an MOT untill Feb 2012 and tax (free) untill end of Jan 2012
The majority of the car is original paint (Peru Green) except the wings which were replaced several years before I got the car and it has a very nice patina of use with slight rub throughs on the bonnet, roof and deck lid.
Bonnet.jpg

Roofrack.jpg

enginelid.jpg

The car is stock apart from the Riviera alloys but the original wheels will be included in the sale as will the nice '60's roofrack.
RearWheel-1.jpg

It still has it's original 1300 single port engine and original gearbox, one key still operates all the locks and has it's factory issue tool roll and jack.
EngineBay.jpg

The interior has an unusual option of brown seats and door cards, the front seats are
quite good apart from a small split on the top of the drivers seat back and a small repair to the passenger seat back, the rear seat is in excellent condition.
Frontseats.jpg

rearseat.jpg

DashRight.jpg

Interiorleft2.jpg

Rearrightcp.jpg

The original radio blaning plate is still in place as is the arial blank on the scuttle,
still has the original tyre pressure sticker on the inside of the glove box lid
All the pics were taken on Monday so that you can see what it's like now, paint is quite flat but would probably buff up, not too many original unrestored Bugs left now and this hasn't been modified although it has had some work done as you'd expect for a car that was in daily use for a lot of it's 42 years, rear crossmembers under rear seat, rear bumper bracket panel, wings replaced 5-10 years ago.
Main reasons for selling is that I'm not using it as much now since I got my Bay (a bit more family friendly) and I could also use the funds for jobs on the camper, also thought my daughter would like it when she turned 17 but she's 18 now and it seems she would prefer a modern car :roll:
If you want any more info, just ask. Nick.

Cheers Jon, I have to say I'll be sad to see it go, always brings a smile when I drive it :D :cry: :lol:

I took a few more pictures yesterday.
Bootliner.jpg

At some point in the past the PO has cut the sides of the spare wheel well to access the bumper mounts this was done quite crudely and not tidied up but hasn't caused a problem during the last 5 years.
OSwheelwell.jpg

NSwheelwell.jpg

Washerbottlewell.jpg

sparewheelwell.jpg

The recess for the washer bottle also could do with a little tidying but the base of the wheel well is solid, the black stuff is some sort of waxoyl the PO painted everywhere and there is good factory paint underneath.
Underbonnet.jpg

Also had a sort through my spares and pulled out all the Beetle stuff this will be included with the original wheels & roofrack
Spares.jpg

There are top quality door seals, side & rear window rubbers, clutch & accelerator cables, full set of stainless wing bolts, rear lamp & indicator seals, wing beading and various other bits & pieces.

Hello everyone, this is still for sale and I'm open to reasonable offers :)

No probs, I've been there :lol: if you want to come and have a look let me know and I'll send you my number and address, I'm not far from Newtown in Mid Wales.

Latest posts