1969 Dormobile interior light positions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallyvan

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me the positions of the interior lights for a 69 Dormobile please?
Was there a light in the cab? Are think there are 2 in the rear plus a florescent?
Any info appreciated as mine are all missing
Ta

Not sure if this also applies to 1969 but in 70/71 there's the normal stock light above the passenger side door and another stock unit fitted above the window behind the sliding door, which was also controlled by the switch on the dash.
Then there was a fluorescent with two tubes and its own switch mounted in the middle of the roof aperture above the walk through passage. Perfectly positioned to bang your head on.

Magic! Thanks!

Is anyone able to post a photo of what supports the passenger side door light please? Also if possible, a photo of a 69 florescent tube! - just about to buy one but need to check its correct.

Thank you

wallyvan said:
Magic! Thanks!

Is anyone able to post a photo of what supports the passenger side door light please? Also if possible, a photo of a 69 florescent tube! - just about to buy one but need to check its correct.

Thank you
583852ff484e76f76683278e8f8a3fe1.jpg

This is where the light is on our 1969 Torvette. It is a VW purpose made shape to hold the light fitting. On our 1971 Dormobile it is the same profile but it is over the passenger door with a second one over the sliding door.

fantastic thanks! is it a bracket holding it to the roof please? I cant quite make it out!

wallyvan said:
fantastic thanks! is it a bracket holding it to the roof please? I cant quite make it out!
The side one is just a flat sheet of metal with a cutout in it.

Latest posts