1969 Panel Van project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirt

Reaction score
Okey, so here is my new project. Its a -69 panel, pretty much free from rust, but still some work to do of course.
I was thinking of changeing all windowrubber and door seals first. Where is a good place to buy a complete set?
Need a rear bumper, and maybe new brackets for the front.
I will re-use the stock wheels, so wheels and bumpers will be sandblasted and powdercoated white.
Then im going to refresh the inside... weld the front floor, all new paint, new steering wheel and some other cool details in interior.
I will also install a rear seat and some interior in the back so all of my 3 kids can join me for a ride, or to events :)

New brakes all around will be installed, and a good 1600 DP engine.
When all this is done its time for lowering.... but thats a little bit into the future.

20120818-153705.jpg

20120818-153636.jpg

20120818-153654.jpg

20120818-153748.jpg

... i still got a wife... haha. She have to help me out with the kids.
I just signed up for my own space in a nice workshop yesterday, plenty of space for my cars and tools, and i will roll her in to her new "home" in a couple of weeks. Just have to clean it up and move all my tools first.
There are also another early bay bus in there...pics to come :)

What do you think of a close to stock 1600 as a powerplant? Maybe with another cam and another carb and exhaust?
I dont need a racecar, just a reliable daily driver.

Oh, and does anyone have any thoughts about this rock'n'roll bed from CIP1 ??
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C27-J14576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts