1969 Tintop Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a fantastic looking bus, looks super solid all round, great colour too. Have Ben fitting a slamwerks setup soon front and back to my 69 tin top soon - cant wait.

don't really update this too much as all i do is drive it really,
just got back from driving just shy of 900 miles down to Cornwall and Devon round and about and back up again,
didn't take a load of photos, i always seem to forget, but here are a few

DSC04357.jpg

parked up in St Ives

DSC04330.jpg

DSC04331.jpg

lovely early cab in Tesco's Penzance

DSC04360.jpg

DSC04359.jpg

camping in Marazion, you can just see St Michaels Mount in the distance of one pic

DSC04363.jpg

DSC04364.jpg

the view from the lighthouse at Lizard Point

DSC04369.jpg

camped up in Brixton on the outskirts of Plymouth

DSC04377.jpg

DSC04378.jpg

DSC04379.jpg

Ponies on Dartmoor, very friendly, pretty sure i could of got one in the van, probably would of chewed all the cabinets up though as it had already made a start on the quarterlight catch

DSC04385.jpg

looking out across the harbour in Dartmouth
the van ran faultlessly for the whole trip, the only times i had to open the decklid was to check the oil,
can't grumble with that

pretty much drove this bus every day since getting it on the road, and it is still being used as my daily now, have a few plans for it over winter, 1303s gearbox, possibly front tubs, few other little bits and bobs,
here's a couple of pics from when we took it to Brighton Breeze

IMG_3286-1.jpg

303901_2439465194027_1473712343_2733007_2055250525_n.jpg

couple of pics of it from the seafront (shamelessly stolen)

DSC04510.jpg

camped up at the Racecourse

DSC04517.jpg

having a cuppa and a wander round Brighton on the Sunday before heading home

Grazy said:
Love it Ted wanna Swap !! ;)
Haha, cheers man, tempting, i'd love a panel but i don't think the family would be happy to loose the windows, not sure i'd be happy with no windows and LHD at roundabouts and some junctions either :shock:

squareweave said:
Great stance

Any rubbing issues at this height? Any pics of the notching?
cheers, don't think i have any pics of the notches, we were in that much of a hurry to get it done and on the road there was no time for photos, the rears are 35mm C notches and the fronts are quite small too, only rubbing is at the front, top of the tyres against the underneath of the wheel arch tubs, only with two up front over rough roads/ bumps also a bit at full lock, the back did rub a bit at first but i switched the rear shocks for some a little stiffer and it's all good now.
Ideally id like to see it a bit lower all round, so it would need tubs up front and the back end would need narrowing or change the wheels to something with a better offset, we'll see :D

very nice.i love a tin top westy. the wheels really suit that bus to a T

the-irv said:
Ted said:
303901_2439465194027_1473712343_2733007_2055250525_n.jpg

couple of pics of it from the seafront (shamelessly stolen)

nice pic 8)
i'd give my right arm for this,is it still for sale

I've just sold the van i bought to replace this, so it looks like it will be staying around a little longer, not a bad bus to be stuck with :lol:

Latest posts