1970 -Aussie built Kombi

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerrys_bus

Reaction score
Hi all its great to find an even more localized site for early bays 'low lights'

Heres some shots of my van, a weekend driver/work horse/camper that I'm tiding up for general use, until I find an earlier low light camper.

Karol-1.jpg

Karol-2.jpg

I'm running an AR series 1600 with twin port heads and a single carb.

Additions since buying her are oil pressure and temp gauges, tacho, refit of camper interior, heads shaved and cleaned while oil leaks repaired, driving lights, added reversing lights using indicators as lamps (come on solid when in reverse), new exhaust to re-instate cabin heating, new inlet manifold, re-installed oil bath type air filter

Hoping to get her all one colour, electronic ignition, find all rust and remove.

Regards

Chris

hello chap, cool looking early there, welcome to forum, and if you want to send any free rust free bits over to the UK, you can send em to me :D 8) :wink:

I think I remember this on ebay early this year or late last year. Looks like a nice solid bus. I had a camper (sopru conversion) the same colour. Go the ascot green!

Genchy said:
Damn you with your sun and rust free bays....... :lol:

Nice Bay mate, welcome to the forum :wink:

Kev

Yep gotta love that sun,

rust free bays........... :? I ain't found one round here lately :evil:

Yep love the ascot green, anyone got a paint code for that? my first job our vans were painted a similar colour but they called that Sydney County Council green and was a touch darker

Some of our Aussie built bays didn't have paint codes, just as well I can get matched paint easy.

70 Bus

Thanks for that

After having a go a some touch ups before the easter march to canberra I'm toying with the idea of a general respray so the correct codes will come in handy

When we (us in the UK) say rust free, we mean 'rot free', you guys are lucky to have so much Sun and not winters with salt on the roads :?

Nice and straight too your van, cool 8)

Latest posts