• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Deluxe Tin Top, RHD - PROJECT - SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it priced right?

• Too high

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Too low

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • About right

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnicalNut

Reaction score
Hi, we're selling our very solid early bay PROJECT - all welding completed, so an easy, clean completion possible.

History: It was imported from California in 2000, which is when we first bought it. In 2003 we sold it to a friend who had it converted to RHD and lowered. We then bought it back in 2005! So we've owned it nearly ten years. Three years ago we decided it deserved a full restoration. The chassis was professionally media-blasted clean and then professionally welded. We have purchased hundreds and hundreds of pounds worth of new parts for it. Currently it's awaiting a spray-job and a re-fit. As far as full restorations go, this is an easy one for someone to complete. All the welding is complete and 99% of the parts are present and clean. So it's a clean spanner-only restore!

PIC_0033.JPG
PIC_0001.JPG
PIC_0007.JPG
PIC_0008.JPG
PIC_0006.JPG
PIC_0036.JPG

Price: £4,500.
Some details:
G'reg, Californian import (2000), RHD conversion.
Professionally welded, rot-free.
Deluxe chrome trim, bumper over-riders, quarter lights.
'New' VW Mexico 1600cc long-block (2002 - less than 10,000 miles).
Full width, Westy R'n'R bed.
Lowered suspension.

Here's a bunch of photo's as it is now. (I've included some photo's taken during the restoration for peice of mind):
https://picasaweb.google.com/114436...&authkey=Gv1sRgCP6rqvePnoPAIA&feat=directlink

A brief list of new parts includes:
new wiring-loom, shocks, bearings, bushes, ball-joints, deluxe windscreen chrome surround, sliding side windows, many rubbers, S/S nuts'n'bolts, etc.
I'm part way through digitising all the bagged components. Some parts can be seen here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/114436...authkey=Gv1sRgCLCo6_vz5KqEpQE&feat=directlink

PIC_0048.JPG
PIC_0046.JPG
PIC_0041.JPG
PIC_0044.JPG
PIC_0005.JPG
6.%252520Painted.JPG
5.1%252520After.JPG

Exterior info.:
Fully professionally welded. Body was rolled using manufactured rollers, the chassis was professionally shot blasted and treated/painted with POR15. The body is awaiting bodywork (filling/flatting) and painting - this is where our finances failed-us!

Interior info.:
Front seats are adjustable from a T3. (T2 runners where removed, I so regret doing this!)
Full width Westy Rock'n'Roll bed, nothing further.
I planned to replace the roof-liner and door cards, although the old ones are serviceable and could be re-fitted.

Known issues, required/missing parts:
Windscreen (I broke it on removal!)
T2 seats and runners (T3's supplied)
Bizarrely the registered body type is: utility vehicle. (Original forms/papers included).

Multiple workshop manuals, VW restoration specific books included - as we're completely selling-up.

I'd appreciate your comments. If it doesn't sell, we may consider selling the body and parts separately.
Many more pics here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/114436...&authkey=Gv1sRgCP6rqvePnoPAIA&feat=directlink

I'm happy to answer any questions and provide further images if requested.

IMGP1359cropped.JPG

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Uzx9XM3ERJAmBRS-YKepH_DxjKBi-TbhXVIGK1PZw4I?feat=directlink

REDUCED TO ... _S O L D_ !

Thanks for looking!

Phil & Sophie.
07711 720066

Looks good to me. You should see the £4-5,000 rot boxes I've been asked to restore.

Your practically giving this away - I'd sell it for 5,500 easily. It looks solid.

LV

Just wanted to say thank you to Phil & Sophie for selling us your fantastic bay, We will look after her.
Her new name is Betsie :p
We will hopefully be putting her restoration photos on here so you can see the end result.

Thanks again
Nick & Cara

Your welcome. We hope you have as much fun in it as we did. Good luck with the restoration, hope it all works out for you and Steve manages to get it done on time for the special day. ;)

Phil & Sophie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts