1970 Dormobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think it’s about the paint bud as I think it’s 99.99999 percent to do with the prep. It’s also not gonna get outrageously hot there. I dare you to paint it pale peach with beautiful spots on it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, I double dare you :)
😂 yeah still a lot a prep to do.
Sounds to much work the peach and spots!

If yours is lhd you don't have the crossbar through the chassis. Just a 10mm socket and spanner is required, along with a hex key to adjust the pedal stop. A small 8mm spanner comes with the kit to fit the linkage to the pedal.

If yours is lhd you don't have the crossbar through the chassis. Just a 10mm socket and spanner is required, along with a hex key to adjust the pedal stop. A small 8mm spanner comes with the kit to fit the linkage to the pedal.

Ah cool, yes, mine is LHD so that makes it a lot easier by the sounds of it, thanks :D

Bit more progress on the bus. Sills, outriggers, jacking points, rear tub and arch all chopped out and some new metal in place on the O/S. Everything seems to take twice as long as expected finding more to repair on the way!

Attachments

• IMG_4240[1].JPG
    IMG_4240[1].JPG
    425.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4091[1].JPG
    IMG_4091[1].JPG
    701.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4091[1].JPG
    IMG_4091[1].JPG
    701.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4089[1].JPG
    IMG_4089[1].JPG
    689.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4222[1].JPG
    IMG_4222[1].JPG
    493 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4279[1].JPG
    IMG_4279[1].JPG
    539.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4259[1].JPG
    IMG_4259[1].JPG
    530.4 KB · Views: 0
Hey hodge is the black paint on the floor panels originally I have it on mine and was going to seal it with rust inhibitors

Hey hodge is the black paint on the floor panels originally I have it on mine and was going to seal it with rust inhibitors
Hi mate, it’s the first time I’ve had the belly pans off so I assume it’s original.
Need to decide what to protect it with once it’s all done. The guy doing the work suggest I start with an acid etch primer.
Anyone got any advice and what to use?

Hi mate, it’s the first time I’ve had the belly pans off so I assume it’s original.
Need to decide what to protect it with once it’s all done. The guy doing the work suggest I start with an acid etch primer.
Anyone got any advice and what to use?
For my input … anywhere i’ve worked in metal i’ve always.. taken as much rust away as possible (flap wheel or wire brush in drill) copious amounts of rust treatment. Then a rub down and etch primer for few coats … then colour top side / black stone chip underneath. Everything i’ve done that way has very rarely re rusted or discoloured. 🌈👍

For my input … anywhere i’ve worked in metal i’ve always.. taken as much rust away as possible (flap wheel or wire brush in drill) copious amounts of rust treatment. Then a rub down and etch primer for few coats … then colour top side / black stone chip underneath. Everything i’ve done that way has very rarely re rusted or discoloured. 🌈👍
Thanks for you advice, think It’ll probably be the route I go down. I did like the idea of colour underneath but think it’ll end up just black.

I agree just wondering should I try to leave in the original coat than remove back to bare metal I’m going to use this stuff

Attachments

• IMG_6493.jpeg
    IMG_6493.jpeg
    773.8 KB · Views: 0
I agree just wondering should I try to leave in the original coat than remove back to bare metal I’m going to use this stuff

My ten pence worth is always keep anything if it’s original as it’s kept the rust at bay for fifty ish years. Sort rust issues etc then coat for protection over the top but it won’t hurt to coat over original stuff as well as a more complete skin of protection will have less ‘ edges ‘for the water and crap to get in. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,protection,,,,, more is better,,,, less kids too :)

My ten pence worth is always keep anything if it’s original as it’s kept the rust at bay for fifty ish years. Sort rust issues etc then coat for protection over the top but it won’t hurt to coat over original stuff as well as a more complete skin of protection will have less ‘ edges ‘for the water and crap to get in. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,protection,,,,, more is better,,,, less kids too :)
Sounds like a plan and straight to the point thanks Ozziedog

Latest posts