1970 rhd crewcab recent import from cyprus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
106.jpg

as my lads off school now got him roped in
107-1.jpg

started on cab floor removal of spot welds and crud to reveal solid chassis underneath
097.jpg

108-1.jpg

105.jpg

cleaned dust from under front arches to reveal more OG paint
also took both blanking panels out from bulkhead section infront of fuel tank to reveal surface rust dust birds nests and hundreds of snail shells but mostly solid
120.jpg

121.jpg

122-1.jpg

hopefully nuther full day tomorrow

Gadget Boy said:
Hey congrats on this I wondered who bought it ;) I nearly bought it myself But Ive got too many projects :lol: It does look very solid too . Keep up the pics :mrgreen:

Gadget ;)
You'd have had to get Theo to answer your emails first :lol:

Col's had another 'find' in the crew, the way it's going he'll be finding a giant spider in there soon too :shock: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ha ha too true
got up this morn at 06.45 early start met my mate at lockup taking a 21 window samba for mot
decided to take drivers side cab floor out too
same old same old spot weld drilling a plenty
010-19.jpg

011-19.jpg

got it out and like tuther side solid as underneath,took rear bumper off then took drop sides,
012-17.jpg

bumper bit bent but patina prevails and will be straightened and left as is
decided to clean engine bay and in battery tray side found this . .. .a shed snake skin bout 18"long. . . .fook me i'm now looking for a snake
013-14.jpg

018-12.jpg

thinking now this should be known as the "zoo-crew"not gecko crew
014-14.jpg

did get this little gem offa ebay though
009-17.jpg

will be taking pride of place in the crewie when done :D

got quite a bid done last week been on nights so couple of hours each day before back to work . .. last shift tonight so 3 full days til fri on it(hopefully)
been mainly digging dust and snail shells and debri out and did cut o/s sill away to see how bad behind (pics soon)will post em up tomorrow hopefully
having a move round in lockup soon too as will end up with loads of space at end of month my mate moving his 2 splitties back home ;)
off to work now :x

finished nights now got in at 4 and cant sleep so thought i'd put the pics on
010-20.jpg

cleaned and t-cut nearside rear panel :D
011-20.jpg

and corner
012-18.jpg

inside engine bay solid and og paint under the dust
013-15.jpg

battery tray through but knew it was from the description
014-15.jpg

section just in front(or behind fuel tank)looking from engine bay . . .bout an inch of dust crud and snail shells
016-13.jpg

took engine lid off and cleaned up(shiny)
015-17.jpg

section round engine bay reveal is perfect
017-11.jpg

cut the offside sills out to see how bad they are underneath knew outer and middle were bad but inner not too bad
018-13.jpg

more to follow later hopefully
019-9.jpg

my neighbour got his splittie in my lockup at mo(freshly painted)being re built . . he couldn't wait to put new number plates on :oops:

been a while not got an awful lot done but got space back now so can get on neighbour moved his split back home and had 3 skoda pickups in there for a bit but they gone now
022-7.jpg

moved crew round so can get round all sides of it now
cleaned a polished drivers door super shiny OG paint
020-10.jpg

started cutting the rot on bulkhead panel out
034-4.jpg

some extra plates had been welded on to hold hoops up and had caused issues
036-7.jpg

038-5.jpg

039-4.jpg

did both sides just need to plate inner and then replace outer but dont know whether to go for full panel or not
also started to cut out small section on edge of load bed that had started to go
035-4.jpg

on nights this week so may get couple of hours each day before work

update on the gecko,he's just shed his skin this morning and his colours are really vibrant now still eating crickets and doing well :D

Fredsshed70 said:
update on the gecko,he's just shed his skin this morning and his colours are really vibrant now still eating crickets and doing well :D

Forget the work on the crewy, this is what we have been waiting for :lol:

not had chance to do too much on the crew but been busy sorting the lockup,storage in roof space,new bench full length of back wall shelves up and create space for new lodger/partner
035-5.jpg

028-4.jpg

029-6.jpg

also storing mates split and got a bay in there awaiting Molers attention
033-7.jpg

031-9.jpg

026-5.jpg

there was some concern the bench was too high for shorter users so had to make a platform(with instructions!!!)for someone
025-5.jpg

040-4.jpg

went to collect this today total ebay bargain and not far away
042-6.jpg

a 3 tonne four post Bradbury lift
041-6.jpg

ready for re-assembly where its going to stay

bit of a gecko update . . .Theo the gecko is now laying eggs dont think they'll hatch though as most probably not fertilised even though a female can store sperm from a male till she becomes fertile
but . . . .got a call from my mate Bob today saying"you gotta get down to the lockup now there's another f*cking lizard thing in here,got to catch it or it'll die"
went down with small childs fishing net and after searching and moving stuff managed to find and catch a 2nd gecko,now bearing in mind these crewcabs were shipped in april and have been here since middle of may its done pretty well to survive
032-7.jpg

its now in the vivarium with the first one and not doing much at mo but guess its had a bit of a shock being 'captured'
have called it 'little Bob' as my mate found it :D :D
i'm guessing it came out of Molers crew as his only been in lockup a few weeks now but not sure,either way its cool to have two :) :)

jerupke said:
How cool is that, well ofcourse it's a double gecko cab!!!

Nicely done :mrgreen:

If it did come out of mine, at least it didn't scare me anouncing it's presence aye Col? ;) :lol: :lol:

Latest posts