• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 RHD UK Tin Top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyb77

Reaction score
Regrettably the bus is for sale. :?

Had her for three years now but just dont get the time to enjoy her anymore, so its time to let her go to someone who will.

The basics are as follows:

1970 RHD Tin Top Walk Thru
Full resto in 2004 (extensive bills and photos to document it)
356 replica(?) 15" wheels
Lowered (a fair bit!) but doesnt cause probs with speed bumps or crossing campsite fields
Ceramic Mondo exhaust
1600cc with twin weber 40's
Unusual colour (still cant decide what colour it is even after 3 years!)
Leisure battery and campsite hook-up, 4 3-pin sockets and 1 x 12v cig lighter socket
Interior Light
Overhead Cupboard
New battery
New front tyres
New upholstery & curtains in back
Leather seats (possibly Saab) in front
Smoothed dash
Push Button start
Full width R&R bed
Chequer plate-look flooring
Sound system comprising quality Alpine HU with iPod connection, 6" mids in front doors, 6x9s and 12" sub under rear bench, amped up to run nice and clear for campsite use or cruising along.

There are the odd few scabs here and there as per any 40+ year old bus but she's a solid one and has flown thru last 3 MOT's with a couple of tyres and a bulb here and there being the only problems.

Mechanically she's sound and will happily sit at 65mph and chug along all day. Done Vanfest 3 times (140 miles each way) without a sniff of bother.

The only "bad points" if you want to call them that are: the couple of scabs as mentioned (O/S dog leg is worst and may need replacing), fuel guage works when it feels like it.

Tested til Sept but I'll get another done for the new buyer.

The following link has pictures from when I first bought it: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8493&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll put some more recent ones (with a more subtle interior) up asap.

Okay, then, price. Been out of the "scene" for a year or so now and finding it hard to gauge prices of buses, but based on what I have seen I think offers around £7500 is reasonable? Sure you'll tell me if I'm a mile off!

Any questions or viewings required, call me 07803 044731 and I'm in Doncaster, S Yorks.

Latest posts