1971 Danbury - Lowered with Red9

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Maz

Reaction score
Hi, I thought it was about time I posted some pictures of my van now that it has been lowered
with the Red9 EZ Rider kit.

It has the 4-5.5'' kit at the front & the 4'' rear springplates. I cannot believe the difference in the
ride quality from before!! It is down pretty much as far as it will go. I have adjusted the dampers
slightly to make it a little firmer from when they were fitted & I am now really please with how it
looks and drives.

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

The van is getting there, it still has a lot to do on the outside & needs front panel, new sills and lots
more, however I will just run it for now & start saving for a complete restoration!!!

Inside -

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

I have planned to go to a few shows this year, so will hopefully see you there!!

Matt

nice van looks bang on. How much did it cost front and back cheers wayne

van looks awsome mate. stance colour rims but that front panel lets it down as bit. did you fit it or was is done before you got it?

andewilson said:
van looks awsome mate. stance colour rims but that front panel lets it down as bit. did you fit it or was is done before you got it?
The front panel was already fitted when I bought the bus. the PO replaced it with the late bay style and where he has welded the indicator
holes its now starting to crack :roll:

I am unsure what to do....do I replace the whole panel with another late bay style (and get it fitted properly), or do I wait and try and find
an original without the holes & bulge?

Sittingonthedockofthe BAY said:
Hi i have red 9 on my van which can go lower which way do i turn to lower easy? do your tyres catch look bloody close to me i do have skinny tyre on the front regards Rowan.
I adjusted them yesterday and to go lower you have to turn the nut anti-clockwise, to adjust the damper, turn the screw clockwise. Red9 said that they set them at 12 clicks, but I found it a little to bouncy so I have adjusted mine to 20 clicks & seems better for me.

I had a few issues to start off with, the passenger tyre was catching everytime I turned left and with the roads in Norfolk they tend to be dreadful & I found that any larger bumos in the road would mean that the tyre would catch. I have been in the garage today playing around with the arch and have managed to get it so its not rubbing at all. Having said that, I didn't have the wife in the van!!! (not that shes a big
lady)

I think I will get some lower profile tyres on the front, I currently have 195/55 R15's on the front. Any ideas of what I could go down to?

Thanks for all of your comments, I impressed myself with the 2nd photo, they usually turn out crap and I have to send some photos to the insurance company so wanted to get some good ones.

Wayne - It worked out at about £500 front & rear + fitting, but well worth it.

Looks nice, good work.

As for tyres, i would go for 175/55/15's these seem to be the best compromise and should help with the clearance. or 165/50/15's but they can be a bit harsh.

with regards the front panel mate. i'd just get yourself an early bay lower foot which will get rid of the seam that goes across the front. then simpliy get the bump removed andd indicator holes re looked at. most body shops would have it done in a day or two. early bay lowlight fronts arent really available anymore nos ones go for 900 notes so most people just modify the late bay panel. :)

Latest posts