• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 dormobile camper for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richiemack

Reaction score
This is a 1971 Dormobile with a recently restored body (2007). This vans drives as well as any you will drive and looks beautiful. This is a camping bus ready to rock and roll. contact me by pm if you want more info or email me on [email protected] or by phone 00 353 86 3027560

If anyone from the UK is interested in the van I will do whatever I can to help, collection from airport or I can assist in delivery. Just let me know

Bodywork

All Welding and Resto Done in 2007 by Tom Roberts
Full Respray and Waxoyled
The van was totally restored last year with all the bodywork being redone, lots of photos of restoration are available if wanted, and a full list of work done

Lot's of photo's available

Bodywork is basically 100% straight, rust free, and needing absolutely nothing body wise. The wheels have genuine OEM hubcaps (no cheap Brazilian crap) and the wraparound bumpers and everything else are 100 solid metal with no dents or bumps. All lights and stuff work.

Mechanical

Perfectly running original rebuilt engine
New Carb fitted 2years ago, genuine VW
New electronic ignition fitted last month
All New Bosch Leads, NGK Plugs, and Misc Service Components
New Accelerator Cable
New Clutch Cable
All Points Greased
Steering Bearings Replaced
New VW Rubbers on Most Windows
New VW Doorseals
New Leisure Battery Fitted

The van does 65/70mph easy and 75/80mph if you really want. It doesn't overheat, it starts first time, it returns good mileage, and it is completely reliable. The brakes work perfect (discs up front) and the steering to tight and responsive. never drops out of gear or goes into the wrong gear. Everything on this van is stock or in the spirit of running stock at least so all parts are available in Otto or GSF.

Camping & Interior
There is a custom interior which has been beautifully done with the following
smeg cooker
smeg fridge
water carrier and electric sink pump
propex heater, which is amazing, has thermostat on it so set the temperature and off you snooze, we travelled with our 4 month old baby for 6 weeks and were never cold due to this heater!!!
bluebird full width bed, which is a dream as most vans only have 3/4 width beds
huge pop top with skylights (genuine Dormobile) and bunk bed. The pop top even has curtains and a shaving mirror. the pop top is up there is 8 foot of headroom and lots and lots of natural light in this van. This van also has seatbelts in the back (1 x 3 point roller, 1 x lap) and front (2 x 3 point roller)
ICE

There is a 250 watt amplifier, 4 powerful speakers, a Pioneer head unit, which gives you a great sound while driving and parked up, we use it for hooking up to dvd player, and its awesome!!

Tax, NCT, and Insurance

Tax is €47 a year, NCT is not required, insurance ranges from €57 to €330
Price

€15,000 o.v.n.o

pics arent the best but will post better ones at the weekend

pix15001-1.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

Latest posts