• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Elm Green Deluxe Microbus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Reaction score
1971 Elm Green over White Deluxe Microbus

This bus was bought last October (2010) from Midland Earlybay (so you know it's a good one) having been orginally imported from Texas.

It originally needed driver's floor sections, a new battery tray and the bottom of the nearside rear quarter pulling out where it had obviously hit something.

The work has now been completed along with the following; reconditioned twin 1600cc engine with new alternator, new callipers and ball joints (disc brake conversion to the front) new windscreen water pump motor and a general service. A full MOT was also undertaken at this time. It comes with a brand new rock'n'roll bed, roof rack and also it's orignal USA number plate and VW UK Birth Certificate. I am also happy to let the buyer have my copies of - Bentley, Haynes and How To Keep Your VW Alive.

The bus is a good solid shell to build up your own camper. It will need a bit of tlc but compared to UK buses this one is absolutely rock solid. The bottom half has had a quick polish (so not perfect) but it shows that the original paint is still there and will polish up nicely. The original paint shows good patina from the hot Texas sun and is full of character.

Since getting the bus we have completely stripped it out and cleaned it down - even removing some Texas sand from the doors!

Reason for sale: Shortly after collecting the bus I became a bit 'poorly' and as such lifes priorities and interests have changed. Hence a bus project doesn't fit into our game plan anymore. (We still want to 'campervan' but in something more modern that doesn't require any work)

The bus has lived in our garage and only been brought out on sunny days to do very short trips. It starts first time EVERY time and has proven to be a very reliable and sound bus.

Any questions or inspections from serious potential buyers welcome please email [email protected] for further details or to arrange a viewing.

We are not desperate to sell as the bus quite happily lives in our garage so we are not looking for a quick cheap sale. A fair price for a sound bus is what we would like.

For sale at £7500 ono

May consider a swap for a good Type 25.

Photos below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamiegargett/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best year with servo brakes that actually stop!!
Good luck with the sale ;)

Looks a fun deluxe project for some one jamie best of luck with the sale got one eyeed up or I would be knocking on your door.
Jamie said:
1971 Elm Green over White Deluxe Microbus

This bus was bought last October (2010) from Midland Earlybay (so you know it's a good one) having been orginally imported from Texas.

It originally needed driver's floor sections, a new battery tray and the bottom of the nearside rear quarter pulling out where it had obviously hit something.

The work has now been completed along with the following; reconditioned twin 1600cc engine with new alternator, new callipers and ball joints (disc brake conversion to the front) new windscreen water pump motor and a general service. A full MOT was also undertaken at this time. It comes with a brand new rock'n'roll bed, roof rack and also it's orignal USA number plate and VW UK Birth Certificate. I am also happy to let the buyer have my copies of - Bentley, Haynes and How To Keep Your VW Alive.

The bus is a good solid shell to build up your own camper. It will need a bit of tlc but compared to UK buses this one is absolutely rock solid. The bottom half has had a quick polish (so not perfect) but it shows that the original paint is still there and will polish up nicely. The original paint shows good patina from the hot Texas sun and is full of character.

Since getting the bus we have completely stripped it out and cleaned it down - even removing some Texas sand from the doors!

Reason for sale: Shortly after collecting the bus I became a bit 'poorly' and as such lifes priorities and interests have changed. Hence a bus project doesn't fit into our game plan anymore. (We still want to 'campervan' but in something more modern that doesn't require any work)

The bus has lived in our garage and only been brought out on sunny days to do very short trips. It starts first time EVERY time and has proven to be a very reliable and sound bus.

Any questions or inspections from serious potential buyers welcome please email [email protected] for further details or to arrange a viewing.

We are not desperate to sell as the bus quite happily lives in our garage so we are not looking for a quick cheap sale. A fair price for a sound bus is what we would like.

For sale at £7500 ono

May consider a swap for a good Type 25.

Photos below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamiegargett/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Used to be mine. Looks great and has a great back story. Good lick wit your sale.

Forgot to say I also have this book I will include with the bus

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1845840933/westerncrete-21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a brilliant up together project bus. I'm surprised it's not been snapped up yet. :)

Just got back from holiday and still no sale on this bus!

When I get settled I will be putting it on eBay as i would like to move it on and get some space back in my garage! :D

In the mean time email me if you're interested in this solid bus.

Second thoughts - bus now withdrawn from sale. :)

Special thanks to Bermuda Blue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts