• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 Bay Window cross over rear bumper.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southernkombiparts

Reaction score
Its straight and rot free, although there is one point under question in the left corner, looks like a repair but no sign of rot. Possibly a dent depair. But other than that the bumper looks good.

IMG00012.jpg
IMG00013.jpg

PB080310.jpg
PB080311.jpg

PB080312.jpg

£150 collection prefered but can be posted at cost.

Out of interest, what sets this bumper apart as 'crossover' bumper?
southernkombiparts said:
Its straight and rot free, although there is one point under question in the left corner, looks like a repair but no sign of rot. Possibly a dent depair. But other than that the bumper looks good.

IMG00012.jpg
IMG00013.jpg

PB080310.jpg
PB080311.jpg

PB080312.jpg

£150 collection prefered but can be posted at cost.

The holes for the mounting irons are set slightly further apart than a per 72 to compensate for the wider chassis rails introduced on the 72 model!

Hope this helps!!

It does, as I've been told I have a cross over bumper on my '69 and now this begins to makes sense!
Many thanks
southernkombiparts said:
The holes for the mounting irons are set slightly further apart than a per 72 to compensate for the wider chassis rails introduced on the 72 model!

Hope this helps!!

cotswoldiver said:
It does, as I've been told I have a cross over bumper on my '69 and now this begins to makes sense!
Many thanks
southernkombiparts said:

Hope this helps!!

Get it off quick before the rot sets in :lol:

hi out of interest how many irons/supports should there be
i have just got my 70 back from resto and there are 2 holes in the ends of the rear thast line up with holes in van but no brackets ? the left side is drooping and paint cracked around the other bolts. only had it a week!!....should there be a pair of brackets to hold the ends up ....so to speak? cheers

You should have two bumper irons that mount onto the chassis in the middle!the outer holes on the bumper that line up with the holes on the corners of the van are for splash pans to be attached!ygr bumpers don't normally droop but lack of splash pans might be the problem here!I would get back onto your resto people and get them to fix the broken paint or it will go rusty quickly!!

thx for that
can i get splash pans from you at all? how much etc?

will these take mudflaps too?
cheers

Sorry we don't have any splash pans in at the moment. You should be able to fit mudflaps on with these as I don't think they need to get in the way of the splash pans.

If it's still for sale when I have some spare notes, I'll be getting in contact with you!

It's certainly in much better shape than the one on my bus at the moment! :D

Doug