• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 Crossover Bay camper, fully restored.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashers

Reaction score
For Sale is my Vw bay camper crossover. Fully restored.
I part-exchanged my T4 for this a couple months ago and I am only selling so soon as I need to free up some cash.
When I got it the engine was shot so I had a 1600 twin port fitted at evil bens garage along with an oil temp gauge. It now runs very sweet. The van is in excellent condition and I was considering trying to run a wedding hire business but decided against it. It had a spare wheel on the front which I have taken off and replaced with the VW logo and have simply bunged the holes for the moment.

Body work:
Inner b post, ribbed floor, chassis out riggers, wheel arch sections, rear wheel arch sections, rear corner sections, front floor pans, front seat belt mounts, inner front panel to chassis, inner windscreen panels, front inner wheel arches and steps, rear chassis section, jacking points, battery tray, rear closing panels, wheel arch repair panel, top hat repair sections, inner and outer chills, sliding door panels, heater tube, wiring loom tube, under door repair panel o/s, front panel. All repainted in Fiat Abarth grey with white roof and bumpers.
Trim:
Complete set of luxury door and window seals. New front door window trims complete with new opening quarter lights. New head lights, indicators front and rear, new door step rubbers, new mirrors, new alloys, tyres and white walls.

Interior:
New flooring, front carpet sets, kicker panels, complete set of interior panel trim , upholstered seats, new grey seat belts, new door latches, winders and door pulls, new retro radio, aerial and speakers, lovely MJC billet steering boss and riveted steering wheel, billet alloy heater levers, Bluebird rock and roll bed with new CamperShack light oak kitchen with new hob,sink, electric water and fridge. New head lining and lights. Jail bars got rear window. Empi quick shift
Mechanical. All new throttle, clutch and heater cables. New heater rubber tubes, shock absorbers, axle beam bump stops, track/tie rod fixed and adjustable, drag link, brake hose and clips, brake pipe set, 4 x cv joints and boots, 4x ball joints, brake rear shoes, front brake callipers and pads, reconditioned front beam.

Engine:
Crankshaft oil seal, flywheel, oil strainer, sump plate, rocker covers, chrome tin ware, sports exhaust, heat exchangers, gear box input shaft seal, 55amp alternator, fan belt, generator strap and chrome plate, engine gasket kit, exhaust kit, complete clutch, engine bay seal ,ignition leads, coil, plugs, distributor, battery, fire extinguisher system.

Bad points:
Sliding door does not align perfectly, it’s pretty close but the bottom is out by about half an inch.
Speedo is out by about 20mph.
Fuel gauge does not work.

I haven’t had it long and it’s a shame to sell it so soon as I have been after one for a long time.
If you need any information feel free to give me a bell 07706162913 (Ash).
Van is located in SW Cornwall.

£13,000

Link to the photo album:
http://s940.photobucket.com/user/bestwickbiker/library/Vw%20Bay?sort=3&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts