1972 Double cab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alutig

Reaction score
Hi
Im from norway.
Just bought a "crossover" 72 double cab.
Ive had a few bug,s before but this is my first T2

I bought it without engine..
I have a few issues with fitting an engine/ engine tin and really hope you guys can help me out..
It has the original gearbox, and the original engine was a 1600 AD engine i think..
I have got my hands on an other 1600 AD , but someone say i need a 215mm flywheel..?
Where do i measure the diameter to be 215mm?

It also has the "type4" engine bay
So i guess i need some speicial tin

Looking very nice 8) love a dc 8)

Regarding the tin ware Paul weeding over on the late bay forum makes sets out of grp, also I think heritage and schofields have just started making them too (from steel )

:mrgreen:

Yesterday i found a rotten Late Bay with a T1 engine in the woods so i hope to pick up the pieces i am missing there.
But thanks :)

Picked up this AD engine that i will use in the bus.
It has very little endplay.
Just have to change some gaskets/ pushrodtubes and rotten tinware before i put it in..

Have some pictures the previous owner took.
I dont have the engine in yet so i dont have so many pics of it as its in the garage still. :(
Hope to have a driver by christmas

As it sits now.. waiting for the engine..

i saw on both websites they have the rear tin but what about the other tin. the one behind the shroud. the rear tin is around 119 or so not bad actually.

I found both the tin and the flywheel i need!
Got my hands on a parts car. Its a Late, but its a 1600 so it has all the engineparts i need

It went straight to scrap afterwards

Cool double cab. I love it!
Shame the late bay had to be wrecked. Surely enough useable parts or panels were still on there. A well...one less makes mine worth more.

I hope you kept the mounts on the frame as they're different too. nice stance in the front in your garage. Can't wait to see it in with engine in.

Yes kept the mounts Squareweave.

Engine in.
Done the easy way. By forklift

first job was for santa, delivering some gifts

The only thing now.. The generator is fu#%*d..
And since i mounted a intake from a 76 its going to be a pain in the A#S to get it out..

Changed the generator. Lamp still glowing, so still no charging.. change relay is next :-(
Im using the bus a little, just has to charge it every night.. (That Tesla feeling :roll: )

Latest posts