• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 LHD 'Arcomobile' Only 600 ever made

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morecambeandwize

Reaction score
We're a Vw Camper Hire and Sales company based in the North West.

http://www.MorecambeandWize.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This year we've been importing campervans from the U.S and restoring them to sell on here in the Uk.

Usually we would import base models to restore and sell for circa £14,450, but have literally just bought this from our buyers in the States and thought it was worthy of sale as is, so here we are.

A 1972 ( but registered 1971 ) 'Arcomobile'. Only 600 ever made. It was converted in Germany, then imported to the US and bought from the original owners family. It's very clean, with very little rust. It is registered as a 71 due to import vs production, so has a 1972 1.7 'Pancake' engine and tall brake lights.

I'm told it's only a two owner camper. A German lady gave it to her sister who was living in the states so has spent the vast majority of its life in the U.S, hence the great condition.

It has new tyres, some new interior, a cool maintenance book with stamps from several European countries, no rust and respectable paint.

DSCN3596Large.jpg

08-02-10_1004.jpg

08-02-10_1029.jpg

08-02-10_1021.jpg

08-02-10_1006.jpg

If anyones after an original camper, this ones for you.

It is £7,500 Uk registered with 12 Mth MOT and Tax. She'll also be serviced, will undergo our comprehensive pre sales checks and come with a one month, 1,000 mile warranty.

Please drop us a line if you'd like to discuss,

Regards

Mark

0844 879 7265
07545 297603

That's a tidy looking bus and for that money I don't think she'll hang around for too long! 8)
Good luck and a free 'bump' from me!

These buses are SO rare :shock: . Until seeing this one I thought mine could well have been the only early bay arcomobil in the uk as you just dont see them around at shows at all, I have only ever seen a split screen one and that was in a magazine. The interior layouts are fantastic and so practical, very similar to a westy but with a huge fold out bed. If you have any bits from it you want to sell seperatly (doubt you do) I would be very interested, I am missing the swing out cooker unit for mine. Mine has also lost its original pop top roof :( , these had wooden sides so were very prone to rotting away. Good to see another anyway, good luck with the sale if it hasn't already sold, seems like a very very good price to me!

Edit - If who ever buys this is planning to restore it and replace the roof (highly unlikely I know) can you let me know as I would want to buy it ;)

Hello
Know that chit chat isnt allowed but had to correct this.
This camper isnt really a Arcomobile :!: as the company name changed approx when they changed over from converting split screen campers to early bays. its a Grawomobile but sadly does not have its complete original interior.The company tried to compete with Westfalia but sadly couldnt. Its a rare thing not many left at all, I have the only RHD one made and have just imported it from SA.This LHD Grawomobile has got to be better buy than a mundane Westie.
Thanks Tim

grawomobile said:
Hello
Know that chit chat isnt allowed but had to correct this.
This camper isnt really a Arcomobile :!: as the company name changed approx when they changed over from converting split screen campers to early bays. its a Grawomobile but sadly does not have its complete original interior.The company tried to compete with Westfalia but sadly couldnt. Its a rare thing not many left at all, I have the only RHD one made and have just imported it from SA.This LHD Grawomobile has got to be better buy than a mundane Westie.
Thanks Tim
I am also sorry for the continued chit chat on this for sale thread but exiting to see one of these rare buses!
You may be right I think this may be a Grawomobil as its a 1971/72 van but Arcomobil did convert early bay window vans, the name of the company changed to Grawomobil when Arnold Mehl handed the company over to his son in law Gerhard Grau in around 1971. I agree I would never swap mine for a westy but would love to find an original roof as mines long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.