• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 lowlight single cab Solid as you could wish for!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outoftheblueintothe

Reaction score
OK my hankering after a `60's beetle means I may have to let this 1972 LHD lowlight Single Cab go to make room.............

dophxi.jpg

33p79uf.jpg

This Truck has just had the following work completed

Engine Rebuild 1600 tp - still running in
New Clutch
New Servo Pipe
Brakes sorted
Lowered - 2 splines and adjustable front beam
Tonneau cover

12 months MOT
Tax exempt

Its got 16" alloys......

This is one solid truck - NO welding needed and by the looks of it none will be needed for quite some time!

A few more pictures
http://www.demondubs.com/forum/album.php?albumid=69

and a short build / project Thread link
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25405

This could easily be painted to mint or leave as is - its a cool ride and suits its bumps and scrapes well. Its sort of a rat look and it Drive fantastically
I have loads of pictures of this truck from various angles and most if not all areas you may want to see!

We can trace the history back from when it was supplied New to when it arrived on these shores - this truck was off the road for some 20 years! It lived most of its life in Sweden before landing on this shores....... I also have a copy of the original Swedish Documents - 3 MOT Cert's and its just going into its 3rd Year on the road in this Country.

This is a straight forward get in and go Truck!

The load bed is Ply and the cover is an industrial PVC type so is water tight!

Inside there is a aftermarket drivers seat and a bench passengers seat covered in a Mexican Blanket - the door cards have been coved in Hessian Sacking (with Logos)

Head Lining is great - NO rips and its tight

Mileage = well its in kilometers' is at 74,000 and this has every chance of being original given the fact its been off the road for 20 years

Steering is nice and tight and this Truck drives GREAT

It looks like its got a factory fit tow bar - ideal for pulling that Classic caravan!

No Major Rush to sell - Might P/X for a 60 Beetle (as I have seen a couple I quite fancy) and cash my way

£4,675 ovno

This really is a solid Truck