1972 Microbus 1.1L cutting out

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vansup

Reaction score
hello everyone

I own a 1972 VW 5 door 1.1L Microbus i have loved these since i was a child and had this one passed down to me by my grandfather the top man, Since iv'e had it i have had nothing but problems every month i am visiting the garage and the bills are going up and up and up i suppose it is the price you pay for something you love, Getting the parts seems to be the hardest bit!

Anyway i am having some cutting out problem when starting my VW to tick over it will for all of 5 seconds and then cut out if i apply revs it keeps the engine going then once i have gotten going and slowing down lets say to park and place it into neutral it will just cut out, But if i drive on long Journey's i would have to turn the key to shut down the engine. I have been looking through Microbus classified ads sites looking for information and found nothing that is why i am here. I know this is a minor problem and one i can proverbially fix by myself but i have no idea what it could be. If anyone could help or has any ideas that i could go for it would be much appreciated!!

Example image below

VW_Type2_T1c_Kombi.jpg

Thanks

To be honest i know nothing about them im guessing it is 1972 being as the paper for the van says it is....?

And how would i know or find out if it was the choke that was the problem

Thanks for the reply's

Latest posts