• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1979 Pontiac TRANS AM (T-Top)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CockneyPlayboy

Reaction score
Apologies for the non-VW item but:
FOR SALE IS MY BEAUTIFUL '79 TRANS AM T-TOP

208907_10151109402249808_314160478_n.jpg

Welcome to the advert for this awesome piece of American testosterone-in-a-car!

531217_10151109403074808_1891682779_n.jpg

I have always wanted one of these cars and searched for many years for the right one. When I bought this there were a few little niggles but the pedigree was there and it had been well looked after and so it fitted the bill. It had plenty of paperwork INCLUDING THE ORIGINAL FACTORY BILL OF SALE! Unfortunately due my ongoing foreign investments I have to let my head rule my heart and let it go so that I can free some funds up to expand the business and hopefully purchase another U.S property.... or you can bet that I would not be selling this car!

544528_10151109402639808_2050750079_n.jpg

182180_10151109402814808_1787603713_n.jpg

555274_10150990425459808_1536451704_n.jpg

I will be as honest as I can with the car so that you will not be disappointed when you come to view or buy.

The car is a 1979 model even though it was registered over here in 1981. It is the 6.6 V8 Oldsmobile engine matched to a 350 Transmission. (It has had the restrictions removed)

The car pulls like a train and drives fantastically. Gear changed are super-smooth. In fact when I bought this car I drove it all the way back almost 300 miles and 5 hours..... CERTAINLY enough to get to know how a car drives, and it didnt miss a beat.

The car is fitted with a thunderous replacement exhaust which gives it the traditional muscle-car roar without sounding tacky.

Oil pressure is very good and the temperature gauge rarely moves (but does work!). Tickover is smooth and it uses very little oil indeed. As far as I am aware this motor is a matching numbers car. The engine has been tastefully dressed in chrome. The car has covered under 64k miles and according to the paperwork this looks genuine.

547916_10151109402489808_288958826_n.jpg

379351_10150990424704808_81368206_n.jpg

The bodywork is in good rust-free condition. It looks like in the past someone has spent a lot of time and money cutting any rot out, and the car looks nice with shiny white paint to compliment the tan interior, which I have to say is pretty immaculate! If I was being really picky then the paint job could have been 'slightly' better, but then I am a perfectionist and at shows i certainly havent had anyone comment detrimentally on it. One thing I have done is to have the door shuts resprayed as this was one section of the car paint that I was unappy with. Now they look awesome. The car is not a concours show car, however has certainly stood its own when I have displayed it at various shows and cruises.

As with the majority of these cars it looks as if at some point the Air Conditioning has been removed, and there is no cruise control. However this was a common thread i found when I was searching for one of these cars.

As described, the car is a T-Top and both glass panels are in good condition and the car even comes with the original set of glass panel bags! The wheels were recently refurbed and detailed and are in nice condition with no curbing. Tyres are also in good condition with plenty of tread left on them. The decals were revamped when the car was painted and better ones put on. They are the larger blue ones with more colours in them than the standard graphics. The Phoenix on the bonnet looks outstanding and always pulls comments! To match the blue, there is an under-body lighting kit which whilst not to everyones taste, can look quite nice when it is at shows or cruises.

The car comes with a folder full of work receipts, working its way well into many thousands of pounds. It even has the original Norwood, Ohio factory document of sale to the dealership!

165998_10150990425594808_635050845_n.jpg

424980_10151070085524808_1452884751_n.jpg

These cars are what they are.... miles of smiles in a car that is outragious and iconic. Although the car drives up there with the best of them, dont be fooled into thinking these are a modern car. Whilst quite drivable and compliant they were built in America in the 1970's and tend to rattle and rumble down the road! They never really had the best of build quality but if it is a fun car with an enormous presence that will draw attention and keep you smiling from ear to ear.... THEN THIS IS YOUR CAR!

The Bad Bits (again, I like to be as honest as I can)

Whilst I consider this to be one of the better Trans Ams out there, like most of them it does have its small faults.

* There is a slight crack in the windscreen down low by the tax disc location, probably only about 2ins in length (insurance job perhaps?)

* One of the stalks ideally needs replacing to make it perfect as it has a crack around it (although doesnt stop the function of it)

* There is a SLIGHT leak on the transmission, but this has been negligable during my ownership and has never caused a problem... I just get it topped up when it is serviced. The gearbox is silky smooth in operation.

THATS IT! Told you there was nothing to worry about!

The car is stored in my warm and dry workshop where it can be viewed night or day away from the elements. I am more than happy for you to come and view the car prior to bidding but I will tell you now that I wont be entertaining any 'test pilots' who just fancy a drive in a Trans Am! If you are a serious buyer then I would expect you to be able to show this to me out of respect for my honesty and only then will you be able to take the car for a drive.

{Whilst I would prefer an outright sale, I MAY possibly be swayed into a PX with something interesting, possibly up to the £3k mark}

£8999 ovno

TEL: 07770 967313 (leave a message if I dont pic up)
EMAIL: [email protected]

Many thanks, she's a beaut but gotta let my head rule the heart and the business project comes first!

75 watchers so far... heres the ebay link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300786506648?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts