'67 RHD panel van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint looks great shame about cutting windows into a panel van though especially if it's a 67 :shock:

mozzie said:
Paint looks great shame about cutting windows into a panel van though especially if it's a 67 :shock:
The van was already cut in the 80's by a Volkswagen dealer in Germany and fitted with Perspex both sides. More to the point it was a heap and now it will live on to be enjoyed.

The John66 said:
mozzie said:
The van was already cut in the 80's by a Volkswagen dealer in Germany and fitted with Perspex both sides. More to the point it was a heap and now it will live on to be enjoyed.
Didn't mean to offend you like I said it's looking good. I suppose it comes down to personal choice when restoring a bus weather you want to return it back to a panel or leave windows cut into it. We get a lot of guys out here in oz that cut windows into panel vans and and I just think why didn't you just buy a window bus to begin with :roll:
Like I said good looking bus and yes another one saved and soon be back in the road :D

I'm not offended. I liked the bus, it is super early and rhd but for it to be a family van it had to stay with windows. If it was purely for me I would have probably converted it back.

Love this - love the windows. I had a panel with perspex windows cut in and they looked dogger - but those ones look spot on.

The John66 said:
More to the point it was a heap and now it will live on to be enjoyed.
Amen to that.

Good job all round, well done.

A really busy weekend seam sealing the work underneath and stonechip for lasting protection. Had my arm twisted to paint the arches in, which I'm pleased I did. New beam fitted and the porsche 944 turbo brakes and 16" fuchs. Finally getting there :)

Latest posts