• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

68 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollie93

Reaction score
Hi I've just got a 68 Deluxe ...this is my first bus. Could anyone help with any panels as I'm trying to do this on a budget on my own. :roll: :)
Need inner and outer sills
Jacking points/ outriggers
Front inner cross member
Front arches
Battery tray O/S
O/S corner
Ratty rear valance
1 o/s cab floor repair
Maybe other bits as I go
Thanks in advance
Hollie

Hi Hollie, if you take a look in the section "Traders, services and offers, group buys" there are a few topics with discount codes to use (like 10% off at custom and commerical) so thats a start,

I am doing a similar thing myself at the moment with repairs, and i have used some cheap repair panels that came with my bus, which took so long to make fit it was unreal, so what i suggest is to go on custom and commercials website, find the panels you need that have the "perfect fit" or "german quality" icons with them, and just buy a couple each month if you can't afford to do it in one big haul.

Unless you are going to have a week off work and do all the cutting and welding in one stint, i would suggest that this option shouldn't hold you up waiting for panels while working on it evenings and weekends :)

Hope this helps
Sam

Hi Hollie

I can help with the following if you are near enough to me to come and get them-

outer sills - off side (RHS) repro - £8
Front inner cross member - inner 2 skin repro - £30 (£54 new), outer panel bottom - £15 (will have to double check I still have it as its was at the back of the garage)
Ratty rear valance - £50 (though strictly speaking its a 71 model year as it only has 2 fixing bolt holes - the outer 2)

Don't really want to post, sorry, but occasionally travel M4 corridor Bristol to Heathrow or A303/M3

Quite a few other parts I am clearing out too, just give me a shout

Cheers, Andy

Latest posts