68 Devon Gerty

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveGTU

Reaction score
IMGP0318.jpg
Been trying for ages hope this works

Nice van :D
Where do you get those headlight grills?
Looks a bit later than yours, Ant. It has the later wipers as well.

ant said:
got some of them grills some where never got round to fitting them..... is it a 68 or 69 then?
It'll be a 68/69 probably sometime after august 68 i'd imagine! don't know exactly when they changed over.
You plan to fit them, or are they surplus?

Hi, The van is Nov 68 as i've tracked down the 1st owner who in tern sent me some pictures. The door handles have small triggers on them and as far as i can see from the early pictures the wipers are original, I recently took them off and got them re-chromed.
The headlight grilles came from a company called Rampantparts off e-bay and cost £10 they are a real pig to fit as you need about 6 pairs of hands, one problem is they have started to rust and need loads of cleaning but I have seen stainless ones on e-bay for £15. So chuffed to get the picture on as i've been looking at this site since i got the camper (March last year). Thank for your replies
Steve

cool pic steve,may have to give it a go,maybe in the correct light light you wont see all my rust ha ha ha ,glen.

Good to meet you too. :)
I remember jacking your thread now.
Would love to see somew pics of the interior, to see if it is the same as my old van.

Looks very tidy inside matey. It's exactly the same as my old van's interior. Does the seat above the easy cooler slide out towards the cooker?

Yes it just pulls out and the leg untucks which is great for sitting on while cooking, the cupboards above the back seat need stripping down which i'll do during the winter when I fit my rear window. Trying to finish off the house first which includes building a garage in the front garden for Gerty. :D

Latest posts