• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

68 rhd crewcab for sale...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robert

Reaction score
1968 rhd crewcab, aussie imported..i have owned it since 2004, spent nearly 10 years searching aus for a 68 crewcab in this condition, and i have spent many years searching aus and importing buses (trading as pukkavw)..probably the best 68 rhd in the uk..most crewcabs were work trucks and as such were as rough as..this is the first year of manufacture of the bays and is a very rare beast..i can count the 68 crews i have found surviving in aus on one hand..

i did actually sell it, took a deposit at the start of the summer, waited and waited, until finally the guy backed out 2 weeks ago due to financial difficulties and other commitments..i'd say he was taking the micheal if he wasn't such a nice guy, and anyway i am in no hurry to sell it..

anyway it is back up for sale again, been stored away, and will stay there until sold..price £10k with fresh mot, already has uk plates..

3 owners from new in aus, spent most of its life in katoomba in the blue mountains east of sydney(dry), before being found and rescued, had a few small dents in the rear corners and small dent in bottom of front panel, these were professionally removed and a new recon 1600 motor fitted before it was mildly lowered by indian automotive in sydney..currently running on 1967 aussie only 15" splitscreen rims (correct offset for a 68 bay..) has no rot, bed is very good a few very small bubbles on o/s sill otherwise very nice, all original interior, gates are straight but have had a repair on the bottoms..was originally off white, currently a mix of light blue and primer, never saw any point painting it..i have driven it for one summer, displayed it at vanfest on custom and commercial stand in 2005/06 (one or the other)..

i have the full set of rhd crewcabs, split, early bay and late bay, i will not split the set unless i get my price..

if you are interested i would suggest you come and see it, but i can send you a few pics if you CALL me with an email address..

Latest posts