• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

68 RHD deluxe 29 907 miles £19 995

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott wilson

Reaction score
Probably the best rhd 68 deluxe in the world for sale.Fully documented history. No tyre kickers, experience hunters or anyone who wants to detract from the originality of this vehicle. Ths vhicle has been drastically reduced in price due to the weakness of the rand against the pound. This can only be sold at this price as long as this continues. Should the ZAR strengthen against the GBP then the price will have to go back up..so grab the bargain of a lifetime now.
SCOTTSPARTS051-2.jpg

Nice bus, maybe nicest I've ever seen. There was one for sale in Europe a couple of years ago for 25,00 Euroes that was owned by a Hotel and had similar lack of mieage.
Just a couple of questions.
Storage will be vetted?
Does that mean you will retain some ownership or supervisory authority?

:shock:

Absolutely stunning bus - shame you have to move it on.

lobus said:
Storage will be vetted?
Does that mean you will retain some ownership or supervisory authority?

I'd assume storage will be vetted simply means only museums need apply (have you tried Wolfsburg yet? :) ). Seriously, I'd take it to mean the same as he's already stated - "nor anyone who wants to detract from the originality of this vehicle". Got to give respect for that - most sellers only care about getting the money and not about what's going to happen to the car in the future. Hope you find the right buyer.

nor anyone who wants to detract from the originality of this vehicle". Got to give respect for that - most sellers only care about getting the money and not about what's going to happen to the car in the future

Here, here!! - was absolutely blown away by this at Stanford - Top, top van, good luck with the sale

FS 8)

storage vetted means whoever buys the bus must have a decent weatherproof garage, museumn would be great but probably unrealistic. I would like to see the bus loved as i bought this for myself and would really like to keep if possible, but unfortunately i cannot

One of the best vans Ive ever seen. Good luck finding a caring home.

theres the school of thought that says if you pay your money you should be free to do whatever the hell you want. I can appreciate that but i really will not sell this bus to anyone who plans to rip the interior out or tub the arches etc. Bolt on/bolt off alterations would be sad to see but reverseable. I`d prefer a buyer who wishes to keep the bus as it is. I`m sure there will be a few out there...it`s just a matter of waiting. Until that time i`m going to polish her lots and take to as many shows as possible

scott wilson said:
theres the school of thought that says if you pay your money you should be free to do whatever the hell you want. I can appreciate that but i really will not sell this bus to anyone who plans to rip the interior out or tub the arches etc. Bolt on/bolt off alterations would be sad to see but reverseable. I`d prefer a buyer who wishes to keep the bus as it is. I`m sure there will be a few out there...it`s just a matter of waiting. Until that time i`m going to polish her lots and take to as many shows as possible

Here here, the best ones should be left unmolested and this looks like a real peach.

You'll find someone.

100% originality is my thing, and I'm lucky to have at last found a Danbury that fits that bill for me.

I was lucky that when I put my 6000 miles late bay up for sale last year, the right person for her was out there and snapped her up, and she now resides in a nice dry barn with his collection of other minters, and she still gets taken to the shows etc. 8)

love that van and have a decent garage............................now just need to get some cash together :wink:

the 67 Devon is still here :roll:

I'm seriously thinking of giving VW's a break for a while and have started to sell off my stuff ,
otherwise I might have done a deal with you.

I just didn't realise how much stuff I had collected over the last 35 years and how much I had at my my mates garage :shock:

got any interesting bits and pieces? i wish i could afford your van! :(

but might be interested in the nick-knacks.... :D

Johnny said:
got any interesting bits and pieces? i wish i could afford your van! :(

but might be interested in the nick-knacks.... :D

what sort of thing might you be looking for , I've got a house full of stuff that I have decided
can go
or did you just mean VW bits

keep an eye open in the non bay forum , I'll be listing all sorts of stuff :wink:

dunno really, anything VW.

...are you selling the contents of your house too? do you still do the monkey bikes? (or was that someone else :? )

Latest posts