69 Doubledoor Panelvan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruitz

Reaction score
Hi All

We've made a lot of progress over the past few weeks on the car so thought that I should share some pictures or the process including some before and after photos. It will be good to see her back to original condition, all metal, no bog.

The last image should be one with the van lowered 2 1/2 inches in the back and 3 inches in the front.

Taking everything back to original with the exception of the floor pan. I'm installing a flat floor as we are looking at turning the van in to a mobile café eventually and will need to install a flat floor to meet council regulations for a food and beverage premise.

Shame you are not replacing the floor as per original. It is easy to fit a ply floor on top to make it flat and lay vinyl on top of that for a clean catering environment

junglefacejake said:
Shame you are not replacing the floor as per original. It is easy to fit a ply floor on top to make it flat and lay vinyl on top of that for a clean catering environment

It's always something that we can easily change back to original in the future. It only took 15 minutes to lift the old flat floor and find out what we had to work with.

Bit more done on the panel van. Should hopefully be back on the road by the end of next week if all goes well.

Decided to repair the passenger sliding door instead of replacing the bottom rail.

The windscreen needed more work than we initially thought.

More windscreen work and saying goodbye to the antenna hole.

Right hand slider reinstalled.

I love twin sliders - they're cool as! Looks like it's going to be great and you're storming through the work!

Picked up the bus yesterday. Here are some photos taken when she was nearing completion of the metal work. I'll get some better shots over the weekend on her first cruise to Margaret River.

It's been a while since i updated the thread with my progress, so here goes.

I've had the car back for a while now and have been enjoying it thoroughly! It has now gone back in to have the final panel beating done and then it's off to the spray painter.

All going well i should have her back mid February and will post some more photos then.

Can't wait!!!

Photo%2020-12-2015%206%2011%2056%20PM.png.jpeg

Photo%209-01-2016%207%2014%2053%20AM.jpg

Photo%201-11-2015%201%2021%2034%20PM.jpg

Photo%2028-01-2016%2011%2011%2059%20AM.jpg

Photo%2028-01-2016%2011%2012%2008%20AM.jpg

Thanks Guys

It's been a fairly long process but well worth it. It's nice to know that the van is now 100% back to original condition and colours.

Just a few tiny things to finish off including insulation and the rest of the door cards and she'll be complete.

Latest posts