• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

69 Savannah Beige Bug - good og condition

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt-me

Reaction score
Hi, we are selling our bug as my eldest son will be turning 17 in Jan and we want a more modern car for him to learn with and share with his mum.

It's an original 1969 savannah beige bug 1300cc all original interior, not welded, original paint although i think the wings and bonnets must have been painted at some time as they look fresher to me. It polishes up well. All original stickers to door posts and engine.

We've had it four years (i think) and we are the fourth owner, although technically we are the second owner (i have a copy of the log book with the first owners details). The reason for this is we bought it from Rich Oakley and he bought it from one of his sources who found it on a forecourt in Shropshire as it had been traded in for a new car, he phoned Rich. We've owned it 3 1/2 years.

Engine starts first time pulls well, 71K miles. I have replaced the exhaust, fuel pump, starter motor, new battery, vredestein tyres 1500 miles ago, new standard shocks all round and had it serviced basically. Just had it mot this week, needed new rubber boots only on a track rod end and a couple of ball joints. Heating all works.

I have been taking photos and attach some of the interior for now, as they were on photobucket but the exteriors i need to move there to here. I also have shots of under the rear seat which is like a time warp. I have put a stereo oin the glove box with a fibre glass mount and speakers under the rear seat but i kept the og cards and glove box in a bag and these are pretty much mint.

We're looking for very close to £4K ideally but you would need to see it.

We're in Carshalton Surrey, about 15 mins from J8 of M25.

Let me know if you're interested and send me your email address.

Cheers

Al (matt-me)

Latest posts