'69 TinTop

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebroberts83

Reaction score
Hello, already introduced myself but thought i'd get a few rececnt pics up.Progress is a bit slow but in it for the long run so not too bothered!!

As advertised before we bought.

4148504638_f5ba2da788_o.jpg

A few pics of how it is now, had the plastic orange rooflight taken out and roof is now white.

4197068251_8c076809bf_o.jpg

4197068257_91afb10994_o.jpg

4197068259_644530c395_o.jpg

Looks tidy 8) - what work is required or should I say what mods have you planned :?:

gninnam said:
Looks tidy 8) - what work is required or should I say what mods have you planned :?:

Cheers fella, needs an interior as i ripped p.o efforts out as they wern't up to standard, gonne keep it basic just full width seat/bed, needs flooring, headlining and new door cards/panels etc.
Looking for a set of 15" steels and would like to get it a bit lower really but wont be able to get it off the drive where i keep it in my mums garage so unless i can find alternative storage it'll be staying that height for a bit.
Lovin the smoothed front custom look (Easy's Bus Rocks)so maybe go that route too.
Main priority is to get the interior in and get some good use out of it nxt year. Its our first camper and cant wait away in it. :)

Not updated this for ages, not alot to show really but we're getting there. Still need to finish headliner(thanks to Grazy for the templates), gonna have to sort out some interior panels but may have to be a home brew job for now and get some seatbelts in the back!
A few interior pics-
4619928306_ac3153e7d6.jpg

Massive big up to Newton Commercial, absolute top job on the cushions and nice people to deal with :D
4645345984_1f2da25e7f.jpg

4645348234_18942d53b8.jpg

4645349320_51cbb252f0.jpg

Some new shiney stuff, just gotta get some rubber but still undecided on tyre size.

4645342546_1e23ef9d5f.jpg

Was thinking 185 65 on the rear and 175 55 on the fronts but the bus is not that low so don't want the fronts to look too small but on the other hand it will be going lower and i dont want to buy another set of tyres.
Your opinions would be gratefully received, here's how she sits at the moment.

4619309185_5c16e3c07e.jpg

Cheers, Seb

Nice job so far 8)

I'm the odd one here and like the stance as it is :mrgreen:

Thought you wanted 15 inch steelies before Xmas. What changed ;)

nice to see another creative bed, gotta get mine upholstered soon, looks great

did it fit okay?? , any pics of how you have fitted/mounted it to the arches etc

Couldn't find any 15" streels any where, but may not of been looking in the right places.

did it fit okay?? , any pics of how you have fitted/mounted it to the arches etc

Did it fit? Did it F**k, basically creative dont tell you that you have buy alot of other bits to make it fit, it's not a simple bolt in job i ended up buying some steel tube, longer bolts/washers/nuts. I made a spacer out of some tube to bring it away from the wheel tub as thats the only way it will fold into the bed position. That said now it's in i'm well chuffed and it really is solid.

4645523416_f4811054af.jpg

Seb

sebroberts83 said:
Couldn't find any 15" streels any where, but may not of been looking in the right places.

Did it fit? Did it F**k, basically creative dont tell you that you have buy alot of other bits to make it fit, it's not a simple bolt in job i ended up buying some steel tube, longer bolts/washers/nuts. I made a spacer out of some tube to bring it away from the wheel tub as thats the only way it will fold into the bed position. That said now it's in i'm well chuffed and it really is solid.

4645523416_f4811054af.jpg

Seb

how many bolts hold it in?? have they all got spacers, is it solid enough mounted on those?

sorry for all the Qs, cheers dude

There's one of those bolts on each wheel tub with a washer either side of the arch, then i screwed through into the floor with some self drilling screws using the holes provided. I can pull on the seat and the frame doesn't budge, it was very important to me that it was solid as my son will be sat in the back. I'm sure it's stronger than using loads of washers as a spacer as thats what creative suggested. :roll:

another question about your bed dude, sorry, i assume as you put spacers on the arches, you needed to raise the front of the bed frame too , the bit that screws to the floor???

also, do you have the sizes for the foams you needed to make the cusions for it,

another question about your bed dude, sorry, i assume as you put spacers on the arches, you needed to raise the front of the bed frame too , the bit that screws to the floor???

also, do you have the sizes for the foams you needed to make the cusions for it,

The bed is sat on 18mm of ply, i put two lots of 9mm down and with the spacers i used it brings it into the right position for it to work. To be honest it was all a bit trial and error!!
Sorry mate i can't for the life of me remember what size foams i ordered but the van is getting a service at moment and when i get it back i'll post up the measurements or try and find the receipt for the foam.
Seb

Managed to get down to Bude for a week, it was our first family holiday in the van so was praying for a trouble free trip and thankfully made it down and back without any major probs :D !! Only trouble was on the way home stopped half way at Taunton services and the starter motor packed up, managed to get going but its started fine today?? Is this a common problem when starting the engine hot?? Anyways a great week even though the weather was against us, and realised i got a few window seals to replace :lol: .
A few pics,

4809511459_3048ec3d5d.jpg
4810129696_822f0698c5.jpg
4810128026_c72444874e.jpg

Seb

hey seb, nice pics... vans looking cool.
it's nice to get away in the van on a camping trip :D
bruce

Hi Seb, how long is the tube you have used for a spacer? and what have you used under the bed to prop it up?? Also have you bolted it up anywere else other than the arches. More pics of the installation would be appreciated if you dont mind. Did you manage to find out the size/depth of the foams you used as well. sorry for all the QQs

cheers
gary

Latest posts