'71 Öörli Bay from Finland

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-tipi-

Reaction score
Sorry about crappy mobile phone photo.

391976.jpg

Here's my new baby Büs.

This car was delivered to Cali and probably converted there to camper pretty soon as it's already registered in Finland in 1973. Coleman icebox indicates to US conversion.

It should be '71 7-seater Micro, but clearly has (had) deluxe trim (holes look factory made), trim around the windows and front vent. Is this deluxe stuff there by M-Code? Speedman can you help with those M-codes? Or the other info my M-plate tells:

Campingwagen%20012.jpg

12 144 606 E

Year 1971, chassis#, but what is that E?

050640 = bottom: niagarablau, upper half: pastellweiß, interior black leatherette

A01 = Specifications for the USA, what does this include???
042 = ??
508 = With vent wings in passenger compart. opposite sliding door

07 3 7807 UA 221121

Built March 7th, 7877??? delivered to California, Micro bus, 7-seater, sliding door right, LHD

Mysteries:
There is vent wings on doors (M 507)?
Traces of baby bed over front seats, is that hang hook similar to Westy baby bed hanger?
What about that Camper window,there was some texts on the glass I do not remember.
Does anyone recognize that pop-top? It is similar to so-62 on this forum, but not exactly the same.

It has some rust, and some things like MPH speedo, sealed beam lights, middle seat, interior panels and carpets/matt in the rear compartment are missing. I'm trying to get it fixed for next summer.

-tipi- said:
Speedman can you help with those M-codes? Or the other info my M-plate tells:

Mysteries:
There is vent wings on doors (M 507)? factory fit as part of the Ao1 code group

Here we go....

12 144 606 E = 1971 Chassis number "E" vehicle built at the Emden factory

050640 = body: LL53D niagarablau, roof: pastellweiß L90D black leatherette interior

A01 = M Codes 020, 026, 089, 102, 206, 506, 507 511, 521, 524, 525

020 = Speedometer & odometer in Miles

026 = With activated carbon container for absorbing fuel vapour

089 = Laminated windscreen

102 = heated rear window

206 = Inner rear-view mirror, with anti-dazzle

506 = Brake servo and dual-circuit brake control lamp

507 = Ventilation Windows in Cabin Doors

511 = Padded dashboard and dashboard lid

521 = With chrome trim and sunvisor without mirror

524 = USA & Candian specifications (covers American spec lighting)

525 = Seatbelts for USA & Canada

042 = Tyre approved by research and development department and free from import duty and costs

508 = Ventalation window in rear passenger door and in the window opposite this door

07 3 = production date Wednesday 17th February 1971

7807 = production planning code

UA = destination code for USA - Los Angeles

2211 = Microbus LHD sliding door right, seven seater

21 = 1600cc 4spd manual

hope this helps :wink:

I got original second hand spare wheel cover and deluxe trim (missing some bits and all clips) for 50€. Then I purchased 1776cc motor with dual Dell's for her. My dad has been welding the rot away bit by bit, probably done in Feb or March. Sorry no photos, but I uploaded one video to Youtube.

Just tried my Wolfrace Slot Mags on, looks sweet, but gonna be tight fit on rear. Atleast if I manage get this thing slammed some time. Front won't be a problem, I can always make more narrow beam. I'm planning on going the link-pin beam way. Other wheel at front is Slot Mag by swedish Tunafabrik AB. They have better offset, but doesn't look as cool as Wolffies, imho.

Araon, did you miss the link on my post? It's now on bold. Pic's are bad as I forgot my camera home, so only Nokia E70 mobile...

Nice one.Good luck with the project dude.
Looks like someone has added the delux trim previously then and also that poptop.Which looks like a split screen westy pop top.

VWAIRCOOLED said:
Looks like someone has added the delux trim previously then and also that poptop.Which looks like a split screen westy pop top.

I bet that someone worked at Hannover factory 8)

521 = With chrome trim and sunvisor without mirror

I should of stayed in bed today it's one of them days I just clicked on submit twice and now I have to edit it and write this rubbish. :roll:

or you could have deleted one of them :wink:

having pigs nipples for fingers I keep doing it that and 5 seconds after typing something I forget what I've said or done,and 5 seconds after typing something I forget what I've said or done

I didn't know you could do that before but I just did it,you have a short time available to delete it if you want,I see it now!

I got some adjusters, but I haven't decided yet, if I'm going with flipped king pin axle or not. And a week ago we put in the 1776cc with dual Dell's. I've got video of it running, but haven't uploaded it yet to the U-tube.

Pics

Today I got tires mounted on wheels. This sunday I'll be trying them on!

I chose 165/70R14C and 165R14C rubber.

tunetus%20017.jpg

Latest posts