• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

71 RHD Bay****deposit taken*****

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silversteve

Reaction score
Hi I have a super 71 low light bay for sale, van is in Nottingham if viewing is required, great van for the first timer.

see below for details

Rock solid everywhere.
Nice door lines and closing .
Deluxe trim but some missing.
Engine tinware missing but engine runs and sounds ok.
Looks like a rewire taken place and works well but a few aftermarket knobs not being original.
Walkthrough right hand drive.
Uk mot and registration done.
German made with Wolfsburg cert to prove .
Microbus seats in rear but can supply rock and roll bed frame at extra cost.
Can supply a full roofrack at extra cost.
Can lower at extra cost.
Will need locks redoing as don,t lock.
To sum up a rock solid deluxe bay in right hand drive format selling at a reasonable price to reflect the work required to put your own mark on it.
Will be sold as seen and will make a great van without the worry of new paint hiding unknown problems, what you see is what you get, a totally honest van.

View anytime by calling me on number below ******reduced 9k ono*****

07903 528642

thanks Steve

just thought id say that is a 72 fella, 71 has flat front arches, small back lights and crescent rear air vents

dlscott1974 said:
just thought id say that is a 72 fella, 71 has flat front arches, small back lights and crescent rear air vents

I bow to your superior knowledge sir, however on the VW birth certificate its October 71

thanks for the tips anyway.

Steve

dlscott1974 said:

For the record, 71's do not have flat front arches (maybe some very early 71's do?), though they do have the early rear end lights/vents/removable valence & early front indicators etc. 67-70 had flat front arches and little lip on the back, 71's as a rule had late bay wheel arches front and back to accommodate the different bolt pattern wheels and disc brakes etc. Unless they've had their arches replaced with the wrong ones.

Cool van btw, good luck with the sale.

S.

silversteve said:
dlscott1974 said:

I bow to your superior knowledge sir, however on the VW birth certificate its October 71

thanks for the tips anyway.

Steve

October 71 makes it a 1972 model year van. Production years ran August to August.

Krim said:
dlscott1974 said:

For the record, 71's do not have flat front arches (maybe some very early 71's do?), though they do have the early rear end lights/vents/removable valence & early front indicators etc. 67-70 had flat front arches and little lip on the back, 71's as a rule had late bay wheel arches front and back to accommodate the different bolt pattern wheels and disc brakes etc. Unless they've had their arches replaced with the wrong ones.

Cool van btw, good luck with the sale.

S.

I'm guessing in all of this, it makes mine an early 71. Mine was built Decemeber 70, so a 71 model year, but has flat front arches, disk brakes and small stud pattern, glad i cleared that up :D

year on the original US title doc was 1971

Hi mate is this ex SA ?

Also do you know how long its gone without the correct tinwear?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes mate it is a ex SA bus, very straight and dry, regards the engine, this was put in by the owner in SA but it has been sat for some time, however it does run and as stated has a full MOT. the price reflects the option for the new owner to either stick or twist with the engine.

IM trying to be as honest as I can here.

the interior has a full mirco bus seat up in. I can send a picture if you give me your mobile, otherwise you could pull that that out and put in a rusty lee bed.

thanks for the interest.

Steve

Latest posts