• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

72 crossover bay project considering offers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakalino

Reaction score
Good morning all,

The time has come for me to move my project along unfortunately. i aquired her in the later part of last year in a pretty similar state to what she is in now.

i had never undertaken anything like this before and had no idea what i was doing, and as it turns out, it might be a bit longer than i had anticipated before i can actually use it...i'd kind of accepted that though but then life threw me a curve ball and now theres an oppertunity for me to buy one a little further along hence the sale. I'm a bit gutted as i am owner number 20 and really wanted to be the one to finish her!

The project then:
Pretty much all the panels are there, its just a couple of B pillars that you'd probably need to get hold of, they're pretty easy to make though. i ordered about £500-£600 worth of body panels when i first got her because i didnt have all i needed (it was sold to me with "pretty much all the panels") and i'll include them with the sale, the brakes are there aswel, just a little stiff so they'd need stripping and refurbing.
Theres a fuel tank, a pop top with the mechinism, that looks in decent nick, just needs a splash of paint, canvas for the pop top is there aswel
there is an engine, however, the heads were cracked so we were going to exchange it for a recon one, we discovered this on the strip down, so its in bits, but its all there. barrels and pistons look good, they just need a scuff up (they're shiney down the middle) and the crank case is solid too. the Gearbox is there too.
All the doors are there and in good nick too.
the chassis is solid, its really just cosmetic stuff you're looking at, i am by no means a prefessional so when it came to hanging panels, i've chickened out. i have put an inner and center sill on the off side aswell and had it checked by a professional who said it was up to scratch. its had a couple of new Top hat/I beams under my watch and new outriggers on the rear.
thats all i can think of for now, so to summarise:

What you get for your money:

The van (obvs)
The panels to complete said van
pop top
Engine
Gearbox
Brakes
Various fittings (if need be i can go and inventory my shelfs of bits)

What needs to be done:

Front steps and arches
front clip
front top hat section
outer skins for rear arches need welding on
rear corners need welding on
outer sill on off side needs welding on
it needs a floor

Brake lines, clutch/acc cables, rear part of wiring loom need running
engine and gearbox in
hang all the fittings
an interior...

...sounds fairly straightforward

thats about all i can think of for now, viewings are welcome, you can contact me on 07837397765, text or phone call is fine.

I paid £2100 for her and am willing to look on it as a life lesson so despite all the time blood sweat tears and money i have put in, ive spent about £600-£700 aquiring bits (included in the sale)

I'd like offers around £1900 but will consider anything sensible :)

More Photos in this album
http://www.facebook.com/wakalino?ref...7090025&type=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you can post pics please

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11398" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks

Sorry :)

IMAG0351.jpg

Latest posts