72 Crossover - Mickey Blue

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mi2itsdl

Reaction score
About time I put my pics up here. My bus is a 72 crossover, however during its restoration from its previous owner, a latebay front panel was put on. It is not worth the hassle of me changing it over. I am a member of the latebay forum as well. Difficult to line up with you guys, when our front indicator lights don't match up. I would be forever explaining !!

Anyway here goes.

This is how I picked him up and drove him back from Mansfield
IMAG0234.jpg

Quick change of wheels and a bit of work to get him running ok
DSCF5055.jpg

No rear bumper though, and having trouble getting one to fit.
DSCF5058.jpg

No where near quick enough, so lets see what Autotechniks can do. 1914cc should help a bit.
DSCF5403.jpg

New gearbox, shocks, cv joints, electric fuel pump
DSCF5389.jpg

Nearly built and ready to fire up
DSCF5409.jpg

Twin Weber 40's
DSCF5418.jpg

DSCF5414.jpg

CB 044 heads
DSCF5417.jpg

Fire in the hole !!
DSCF5424.jpg

Slotted into its new home.
DSCF5450.jpg

Auto fire extinguisher in place
DSCF5461.jpg

Left side
DSCF5453.jpg

Right side
DSCF5454.jpg

Rear bumper on and temporary exhaust fitted, while I wait for my CSP exhaust to turn up. Been using Marks spare one.
DSCF5439.jpg

1st Test run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwXSULIHKQc&feature=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Front view
DSCF5494.jpg

Metal flake roof
DSCF5492.jpg

Side view
DSCF5496.jpg

Well there he is. Just the inside to do now.

Have your gutters got some sort of silver edging?

yep, they had a chrome trim on when i bought it. Last picture just shows the front edges taped up, as I didn't want my waterproof cover to rip. Will be putting the visor back on, now that the weather is getting drier and warmer.

what gearbox have you got fitted? i have a 71' crossover and want a little better cruising speed??

Its an 002 high ratio box, built by Pete at cogbox. All sorted out and fitted by Autotechniks.

Latest posts