• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

72 Crossover Microbus with Westy Berlin interior

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grazzer

Reaction score
Here's one for those looking for a nice bus in rock solid straight condition, in the UK + up and running. This is a lovely solid straight bus, still wearing much of it's OG paint. She's Elm green sides with a lotus white top. A recent Oregon import, so LHD, has had some minor repairs to the floors and a battery tray, otherwise it's nice and original. Paintwork is nice, but not perfect, as one might expect. Underneath has all been treated to a coat of undershield, and will get a Waxoyl treatment before she goes. Dash is perfect and never been cut.

Drives 100%, nice and tight with a lovely Porsche 914 2.0 type4 engine, single Weber twin choke mated to a 1.8 gearbox, with Empi quiet pack silencer. It is the Porsche engine as it has the dip stick by the breaker on the crankcase. Everything works, she's MOT'd and about to be UK registered next week. As she's a 72 she will be TAX EXEMPT.

I had planned to run her as a Microbus, but in the end I decided to make use of a Westy Berlin interior I had from another project. It looks great inside, and works as you would expect. I have a few jobs to do including electric hook up and wiring in the westy Fridge, but I have checked this and it works..... Will install a leisure battery also. Headlining is OK except for the front by the sunvisors...

Pic's speak for themselves. I have been working on this for about 3 months at my garage, and it's had the works:

New Shocks all round
4 New Balljoints
New brakes shoes, handbrake cables, rebuilt calipers, new brake pads,
New fuel lines
New indicator switch
New ignition
New headlights
New rear window seal, and new Windscreen seal,
New clutch, oil seal, starter, fuel pump etc.
4 new tyres

The list goes on and on....

I think she would look great lowered with Porsche alloys and a nice full length roof rack, but the Missus won't allow me two buses so that's for the new owner.

£10k please

PM me or call 07932 869639

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

Forgot to mention there's a pair of decent original seats to go in the front to replace the rather rubbish Honda things. :D

Need to find a home for this please - just reduced the price to £8950. This is a lovely van, all the hard work has been done, it just needs your stamp on it! :D

Have been busy, and done a few more jobs. Managed to re - laminate the cabinets this week, and have made new panels for the rear hatch and inside rear quarter. Also had my Carb man in, tuned her up and she's running sweet as! :D

Seriously, this is a rock solid bus, everything works and she drives really well....

I'm keen to find a home for this bus, make an offer, part ex etc etc 8)

Has to go now - need the space urgently. Sensible offers please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts